Chapter Four: Hiding secrets

A/N OYA OYA OYA DISCLAIMER TIME!             
thIS CHAPTER HAS THEMES RELATING TO SELF-HARM AND SUICIDAL THOUGHTS. IF YOU ARE  T R I G G E R E D  BY THESE TOPICS, you HAVe been WarNEd. that's all  .-. 

y/n's pov:

Ever since I lost my mother, I've felt depressed. Like Muichiro had described, a hole in my heart that couldn't be filled, and that hole was made by my mother. This must be weird but there was also a hole in my memory. My childhood, ever since mother died, I had forgotten most of it but I want to remember it so badly. I even forgot how it felt to be happy.

But now that I lived with Muichiro, that was a new problem. Now that I've known Muichiro for approximately two years, I could say that I had developed a crush on him. But it was a challenge now that we were together almost 100% of the time. I had to fake and try to restore the genuine smile I had when I was younger. I've heard about Muichiro's case of amnesia from the other Hashira. I felt sorry for him. So I decided not to tell him about my story. Since he needed more help than me and I don't want to weigh him down with my problems. I had to stay strong for him.

But whenever I had a mental breakdown and/or panic attack, which would usually happen at night, I would hurry to the bathroom with a bag of "toiletries". The bag wasn't filled with toiletries. They were filled with knives. I would get to the sink to slit my wrists. This habit of mine started last year. I always craved to be with my mother. Maybe if I continued this, I'll be able to see mother again. Muichiro still hasn't found out and I wasn't planning on letting him know any time sooner.

Today, Muichiro planned to take me to the Swordsmith's village since it was our off-day. I was dressed in a f/c yukata. Muichiro had a tint of red on his cheeks but he just brushed it off. "You ready?" He asks. I nodded and we took off.

~time skip brought to you by Muichiro's Cuteness~

Muichiro and I arrived at the village. "Would you like to get something to eat?" He asks with his usual monotonous voice. "Let's get a steamed bun!" I answered cheerfully. He nodded and followed me as I headed to the Buns store. I was going to pay for the Steamed bun but Muichiro stopped me and paid for it himself. "Muichiro-kun... Thanks so much for paying but now I feel too guilty to eat this by myself. Here." I split the bun in half and gave the other half to Muichiro. He looked at it then back to me. "Are you sure? I mean you wanted this..." "Just take it dumbass." I giggled. He took the bun and took a bite.

"After this, we should head to the hot springs." He suggested. I freaked out on the inside. ' Shit... What if he sees my cuts...'  I had to think of something to tell him. "U-uh Muichiro... I don't feel so good all of a sudden... Maybe we should head back..." I lied through my teeth. He stared at me for a second. "Y/n, you know I can tell when you're lying right?" Muichiro asked. 'fuck' I thought. "Y/n... What's wrong. Tell me. You've been acting weird for a while now." I walked faster "let's just get back home." Muichiro held my wrist and that triggered me to pull back. I looked at him with a shocked expression. His usual cool demeanour was replaced with a concerned look. I ran home, leaving him behind.

A/n : This chapter was equally if not more hard to write then the last chapters