Taehyung

Jin pulls his hood over his head trying to protect himself from the freezing winter. The unfortunate situation he was in along with Yoongi's words kept playing in his mind like a bad movie he starred in as he kept walking with no destination in mind.

Tae POV

I tossed and turned like every other night again not able to sleep. I turn on the radio next to my bed but every station I turn to happens to be playing the soft melody of a love story I long for. "Screw it," I mutter shutting off the radio and getting out of bed to put some clothes on.

"Can't sleep again?" My best friend asks as I put a coat on.

"Since I missed my dream, I'm going to go out and look for it," I reply

"You and your cliche phrases," Jungkook groans. "Be careful, it's getting dark out."

"I will, thanks Kook." I smile.

I step out of our apartment building with no destination in mind. I just walk where my feet are willing to go.

I try clearing my mind of all the negative thoughts in it. I'm not depressed or anything, but I guess you could say I'm bummed out. A lot people like to argue that I shouldn't be.

I can't blame them, though. I have a good job that pays really good. I have a nice home, and I'm really handsome which means people constantly throw themselves at me. I'm living the life most people my age want to live, and two years ago I would've agreed. That is until my platonic soulmate found the love of his life and got married.

I thought he was making a mistake at first, but when I saw Jimin and Namjoon exchange vows a small part of me got jealous. I started to envy what they had. I envied how they looked at each other as if the world around them ceased to exist. I had never seen Jimin so happy. The only other time he was as happy as his wedding day was when he found out he was pregnant. I was so happy for him, but by then I wanted what he had so badly that my heart broke a little when he showed me the positive pregnancy test. I wanted to start my own family, that's when I started looking for the love of my life which ended in constant failure.

My friends have tried to set me up with people but I always declined. Not that I don't appreciate their efforts, but I want to find this person myself. When I meet him I want him to be a complete stranger to me and base my opinion on how they show me who they are. Not based on what others have already told me.

I smile kindly at the vendors stationed along the walkway. Some of them are packing getting ready to call it a day. I stop and help an old lady struggling with closing her stand.

"What's a young man like you doing walking alone at this hour?" She asks. "Someone like you should be out having fun with friends. Or falling in love even."

"How do you know I'm not already in love?"

"Your face says it all." She replies. "You long for love, but you haven't found it." Damn she's good.

"Trust me ma'am I'm trying," I chuckle.

"Don't try too hard," she suggests. "Usually we meet the person we're meant to be with in the most random times." I finish closing the umbrella on top of her cart and give her my attention. "Its a beautiful phenomenon that some call destiny and others call a mere coincidence." She smiles. I smile back but I see her gaze is no longer settled on me but behind me. I feel a sudden shift on her cart which makes me jump and move out of the way as it starts running down the walkway.

"Oh no my cart!" She exclaims as I go after it.

Author POV

Jin continues walking down the walkway eyes closed as he gets lost in the music coming from his earphones unaware of the chaos of people moving out of the way from the incoming cart.

Taehyung still chasing after it yelling at everyone to move away. He knew it was too heavy for him to stop, so he might as well clear the path and wait for it to crash somewhere.

Both strangers heading towards each other. Both unaware of the universe conspiring to get them together.

Let me know your thoughts, thank you💜