Chapter Six

April muse

Ellie muse

Ellie muse

                               Tobie looked over at April, noticing that she looked more relaxed now

Tobie looked over at April, noticing that she looked more relaxed now. She didn't look as tense as she did, when she had that panic attack.

"Okay, what d'you wanna' ask, 'cos I honestly don't know where to start?"

April didn't need to think of the questions. She had so many to ask already.

"How did your parents die?" she asked, looking at him awkwardly, like she was unsure if asking about his parents was the right thing to do.

She noticed him lower his eyes to the floor sadly. Right at that moment, so much sadness filled them, making her suddenly feel she had the urge to hug him.

"They were murdered by a guy called Carl, running an illegal organization", he started off by saying. "His facility looks like a normal fancy hospital on the front, but underground there, he was running illegal experiments on my brother River and I."

He paused before continuing.

"His right hand man is a doctor called Craig. Before my mother gave birth to my brother, she was very sick. She was dying. She had been pregnant with River at the time. She didn't want to die before giving birth, and she didn't want him to die inside her too. She had some type of cancer."

Tobie took a deep breath, like he was trying to prevent himself from getting too emotional.

"She tried so many different medications, but nothing was working."

Tobie finally brought his eyes towards April, sat further back onto the soft squishy sofa, then folded his arms. He continued on,

"She met that Craig guy at a health conference, and told him her situation. He told her that he had treatment that would be guaranteed to work. She was desperate, so she made an appointment to see him at his clinic. He put her on his treatment, and it was actually working. The cancer started clearing up...slowly but surely. She gave birth then to River."