(Ch.2) The Reaping

A/N: Ahhh, I hope it's not too confusing! I tried my best to make things suspenseful and stuff like that, but my parents were bothering me for some time so some parts might sound weird. Anyway, if there's anything wrong with the names, feel free to tell me, I just used a Japanese name generator and I looked up the meanings of the first names, I didn't for their surnames however.

I hope you like my take on how The Hunger Games would work in my mind with My Hero Academia! Also, just fyi, we don't get into the other MHA characters until some time later after the first games. Right now is focusing on Midoriya and his Hero Games, and how he'll stand a fighting chance against the side characters I just created for him to encounter, kill, spare, run from, etc.!

Thanks for reading and tell me your thoughts in the comments! I like reading and reacting to your comments! Some of them are nice and funny from my other book :3

Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA!!!

-Deku the Admin

Third Person POV

"Izuku! Hurry and come here, sweetie!" Midoriya's mother called to her only son, she seemed panicked and frightened as she waited impatiently for her son to come over. Soon enough, Midoriya joins her, wearing the clothing they were supposed to wear for this event.

"Mom, it's okay, my hair has never cooperated with me before," Midoriya tried to lighten the mood or at least ease the tension in the air between them. Actually, the tension was throughout their whole prefecture that only housed less than two hundred people. He stood still as his mother fixed him up and made sure he looked the most presentable as he could.

"It's not your hair that I'm worried about, sweetie....." his mother's voice trailed off as her gaze darkened with sadness and fear.

"I know. I'm sorry that I'm quirkless, Mom," Midoriya apologized quietly as his gaze also turned dark, he looked away from his mother for a moment before raising his eyes back to her. "But if they draw my name today, then I'll be sure that I'll fight my hardest. Quirk or not, I'll find a way to stop Shigaraki and these stupid games."

His promise made his mother proud and smile, but she knew deep in her heart that without a quirk, it was nearly impossible. However, she believed it was only nearly impossible, not entirely. She believed her kind-hearted son would be the change that everyone needed, and she also believed she wouldn't be able to live to see that day, but she would always watch over her beloved boy no matter what trials he goes through.

"Don't apologize, Izuku. I believe in you, my baby boy. I love you so much, never forget that, okay? No matter where you may go, I will be there to help you, to guide you, to love you."

Every person, male and female, old and young, sick and healthy, gathered in the central area of Shizuoka Prefecture where Shigaraki was being broadcasted on a large screen, it was time for him to choose the lucky twenty-four people to participate in The Hero Games. Ever since he started The Hero Games and The Reaping, no person was brave enough to volunteer, whether at the beginning of it or to take another's place. Even if parents were chosen, their kids never volunteered to save them, wanting a chance at escaping or something other than the cruel games they were all going to be forced into. However, today, things were going to change and the future would begin to form from the events of this year's Reaping.

"Welcome, welcome, you low-life maggots. Today, we will be picking twenty-four people to participate in this year's Hero Games, so please make sure everyone of your prefecture is here to watch. Or else they'll be killed," Shigaraki's rough but intimidating voice sounded on the large screen in front of all the people of each prefecture, multiple villains were perched higher up and watching the crowd below, ready to kill if things go out of hand. In the crowd of the females in Shizuoka Prefecture was Inko Midoriya, nervously watching and praying that neither herself or her son were chosen. In the males section, Izuku Midoriya also hoped the same thing, however, things wouldn't go according to their desperate prayers.