The hell no!

"Are you for real!" I yelled with my fellow SS2 students on the assembly.
The principal just announced that our set is getting reshuffled which sucks because I love my friends and I don't want to meet new people or readjust. What's the point of my complaints anyway.
Most of us (SS2 set) scurried to the notice board to check our new classes. Basically from what I can see we were given classes based on our majors-science, arts, and commercial. I'm a science major by the way.
As per typical private school we were only 30 in my class and I just can't wait. Note the sarcasm.
After noting my new class. SS2P.
I hurried to secure a permanent sitting space and guess what, I was quite late because most of the sitting spaces were occupied. A great way to start a new session in school. My classmates didn't look that horrible. I knew all of them but not personally. I just know them by face, you feel me.

"Anyone sitting here?" I asked Kosi, one of my dorm mates.
I'm a boarder by the way. My school favors both boarders and day students.

"Shafa!" She hugged me.

"No, we'll be sitties" She beamed and I smiled. That wasn't hard. I unpacked my books into my back locker and desk (our desks have a compartment for books) then sat down to think about my life because I'm not so familiar with anyone of them. At all.
Well if I'm not mistaken by the names on the door, my best friend is my class. Lucky me but I can't seem to find him anywhere which is quite annoying but who cares.
I'm not an introvert don't get that wrong but it takes time to warm up around new people. You feel me.

"Looks like I'm missed." Timi, my best friend hits my nose.

"Hey!" I scrunched up my face.

"What was that for?" I rubbed my nose.

"You are meant to hug and kiss me, it's been a long summer break and we haven't seen each other since forever." He said and sat on my locker.

"And why should I do that?" I asked.
Timi has always been like this, cocky and full of himself but that's why I love him even more. Not what you are thinking. We have been friends from childhood before I moved out of Lagos and fate reunited us in secondary school. He was as excited as I was to see him back then in JSS1 and now we are here. Still friends, one of the blessings I'll always be grateful for. He doesn't need to know that though.

"Because I missed you." He hugged me.

"Oh please now don't be a drama queen." I broke the hug. He knows I missed him too. I don't have to say it.

"I'll take that as you missed me too." He said and we talked about everything and anything. Which was expected because we both never shut up.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Timi asked in hushed tones.

"Is that a question?" I said.

"Screw you and you nonsensical sarcasm." He said and I laughed.

"Hit me." I said. Not physically though.

"I went to party this holiday." He said and I rolled my eyes. He always goes for club parties so nothings new.

"Really, that's it." I said dryly.

"No, I got lap danced and shit that felt so good." He said and I gagged.

"Are you kidding me. Don't you do that at all parties." I said quite surprised, is that not why guys go for parties?

"No I'm a bad boy now. I was a tad bit holy then." He shrugged and I did the same.

"So let me tell you how my summer went."I sat up.

" Nah, I'll pass I have to go talk to my boys." He said and stood up.

"1-0" I said and he winked as he walked away. I listen to him and he walks out on me. No problem, its cool but I'll surely get my revenge. Sweet, sweet revenge. What am I even saying.
I went back to my former bored state which sucks bad. Why do they have to give us resumption day off. Even though I like it, it's really annoying not to have anything doing. My sit mates were drowned in their conversation which seemed interesting but I don't want to be rude. Screw courtesy. I bring out my journal from my bag. Its the only way I can escape this boredom.
I really like writing poems about everything that inspires me and right now I lack inspiration but who cares it's my book. I make the laws.
I start to scribble some words down and I got interrupted by my friend Hussaina.

"Madam writer. Since you've forgotten me I came to see you." She said and sat on my desk. Hussaina and I have been friends since she came to our school in JSS2 and coincidentally she was my sit partner in SS1 we were always up to mischief. That would not have changed if we were not reshuffled.

"I swear I'm too lazy that's why." I said and dropped my pen.

"That's what they all say." She shrugged and I tickled her sided.

"Its not like that really."

"Oya I've heard. Do you like your new class?" She asked me.

"Well Timi is here and the class is not that bad its okay sha." I shrugged.

"How will it be bad when your boyfriend is here." She smiled.

"Best friend." I corrected her.

"Be deceiving yourself. I'm going, do you want to follow me." She said.
Hussaina has been hell bent that me and Timi are a thing. I tried so hard to convince her but she wouldn't budge so I left her alone. I cannot kill myself.

"Sure, let me just help your ministry." I said and she hissed.

"You don't even know what you are saying." She said and we walked out of the class. Everywhere was noisy. I don't blame them though. We all have a lot of catching up to do. A whole lot.

"Where are we headed to?" I asked Hussaina.

"My class so you'll help me arrange please." She batted her eyelashes. She has really long lashes I tell you.

"That won't work." I shook my head slightly.

"It used to." She frowned. I'm so not falling for that.

"Good thing you used past tense." I smiled and crossed my hands. I was tired already. Damn I'm a lazy butt.

"Shafa." She whined

"I'm tired, please don't stress me." I whined too and she said something under her breath.

"I didn't get that." I said.

"You don't have to."

"Ookay?" I said and turned to leave.

"Shegiya you are going no where." She dragged a laughing me into her class. Hussaina is Hausa, so am I and some things can't be expressed in English. I don't know why.
She led me to her sit which was quite a mess and I helped her arrange some of them. I guess she got what she wanted eventually.

I'm back guys and I'm sorry for making you wait so long. Enjoy.