Chapter 32

Aidan stalked back into the random bedroom that he had just come out of, walking into the bathroom to wash off the lipstick stains that were all over his chiseled face. He let out a gut wrenching huff as he splashed his face with water, glancing up into the mirror to see the pain and lifelessness in his own eyes. 

'Play along...' Aidan's spine tingled, recalling the sensation of Luca's breath tickling his skin as he whispered into Aidan's ear; all the while Aidan glanced around in confusion, finding himself in a room that he didn't remember how he'd ended up in. Aidan still remained mostly in the dark concerning exactly what was happening; he figured it involved Gio, but that wasn't even what bothered him most. Though Aidan trusted Luca, a part of him still felt unsettled with what had just happened. All those harsh words, all that anger; was they actually how Luca felt? Was that what he thought of Aidan? All this time that he'd give Luca his everything, did Luca have these festering doubts hidden away concerning Aidan's loyalty? 

Aidan's attention immediately shifted to his phone on the bathroom counter as he saw a notification illuminate the screen. Aidan picked it up disinterestedly, a smirk creeping over his face as he read the text message he had just received.

Baby <3 : If you aren't already balls deep in a rebound, meet me behind the tree in the backyard.

Aidan trudged through the party, pushing past random drunk freshmen and annoying couples making out in the middle of the staircase. He finally made his way to the foyer and towards the door, but not before he felt a strong hand come down onto his shoulder.

"Awww... Leaving so soon?" Gio said smugly, miming a fake tear down his cheek. "What's the hurry... It's not like you have anyone waiting for you." Gio taunted as Aidan felt his blood boiling.

"You..." Aidan glared at him with narrowed eyes, noticing a second blond boy standing to the side behind Gio. The same blond boy from the movie theatre, Colton.

"I don't know what you're talking about..." Gio smirked condescendingly at Aidan. "And even if you think I did something, Luca won't believe you. Not after what he saw, not after the way you made him cry."

"Why?" Aidan's voice cracked pathetically but Gio tried hard to maintain his stone cold exterior. If he felt the slightest sympathy for Aidan, he'd be damned if he let it show. "Why'd you do it?"

"I had my reasons... But take this as a warning, Taylor." Gio chuckled devlishily. "Stay the fuck away from me and my family... I'll see you at the championship game."

    Aidan stared in awe as Gio and his minion stalked away with looks of pure pride on their face. They looked as if they had won the war, and for all intents and purposes, they had. But Aidan knew better, Aidan knew that they might have won this battle, but not the war.

Aidan turned around and made his way out the door, zipping up his jacket as he walked through the blustery November wind. He turned the corner, rubbing his hands together to keep them warm as he walked in the bleak darkness towards the back corner of the house's backyard. He spotted the large old oak tree almost immediately, breathing a sigh of relief when he saw the shadow of a certain beautiful petite boy underneath it; only the light of his phone dimly illuminating his face.

"Took you long enough." Luca said with a a smirk creeping across his pretty face. "I thought you'd have found a rebound by now." Aidan smirked at that comment, running up to the dark haired boy and engulfing him in his warmth as he peppered chaste kisses atop his soft black hair. 

"I could never..." Aidan looked in his eyes, a look of deep pain still present in them from Luca's harsh words earlier. "I only have eyes for you, you do know that, right?"