TWENTY-EIGHT

┌─────── ∘∘∘❁∘∘∘ ───────┐

HER

└─────── ∘∘∘❁∘∘∘ ───────┘

in•dulge
verb
1. satisfy or yield freely to (a desire or interest).

∘∘∘❁∘∘∘

Time slows as I pull away and desperately search Ethan's face.

"Imani," Ethan says, eyebrows drawing together as his hands lightly graze my hips.

Dread floods my system as my cheeks flush from embarrassment. Before he can finish his thought I frown, shaking my head. "Ethan, I'm so sorry. That wasn't fair...I-I should go."

I turn to leave, however as quickly as I make the movement, Ethan's grip on me tightens. He pulls me back into him, and I place my hands on his strong chest for support.

I'm acutely aware of my heavy breathing as he takes a moment to study my face. The moment feels like years as Ethan's electric blue eyes roam back and forth over my features, taking every detail of me in like an art exhibit. I glance down at my hands on his chest, as it heaves with the same urgency as mine. Suddenly Ethan's stare intensifies as his eyes darken with desire.

His hands leave trails of heat up my back as he finally pulls me into him. Slowly, he brings his lips down to mine. That's when I feel it. The passion, the yearning, the fire that I've been missing in my life. When his hips instinctively buck towards me, I know he feels it too. We compliment one another. I can't help the giddy feeling that arises in me when he smiles softly, breaking off the kiss.

"Wow," he whispers breathlessly as his hands absentmindedly stroke my shoulders. "You... are full of surprises, aren't you?"

I smile coyly and softly bite my lower lip. "I've got a few tricks up my sleeve."

Ethan smirks, tugging my purse from my shoulder and gently dropping it to the floor. It hits the floor with a thud, but in this moment, it's the last thing I care about.

"Can I touch your hair?" he asks, nodding to my the loose bun on my head and I nod.

"Please," I whisper, sighing when his fingers rake through my curls. "Your hands are magic," I groan, wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning into him.

"These hands save lives, Mani." Ethan pauses, smirking as he squeezes my butt. "Amongst other things..."

Before I can respond, his lips are crashing back into mine, and suddenly I'm lost. Dizzy with emotion, I run my fingers through his silky curls and back him into the living room. His foot clips the coffee table and I laugh as he trips and we both fall onto the couch.

Ethan's deep laugh vibrates through me as he pulls me onto his lap. My hair frames my face as I smile down at him and lick my lips. Ethan tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and grins before biting his lip. "Damn, you're beautiful," he whispers and close my eyes as heat creeps up my neck.

Instead of speaking, I peck his lips, watching his expression as I rake my hands down his abdomen. Before I can venture any further, Ethan softly grabs my wrists, a look of concern on his face. "Imani, are you sure?"