Chapter 11

Liv's POV

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport," Tony says, taking off his mask. "Don't you think that's weird?" He says to Rhodes.

"Definitely weird," Rhodes agrees. Bucky, Sam, and I were ducking behind crates behind Steve so that we could listen in on the conversation. Wanda and Clint had moved to other positions to better cover Steve, and god knows where Scott went.

"Hear me out, Tony," Steve starts. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Suddenly, Black Panther, as Steve called him, jumps down next to Tony.

"Captain," He greets.

"Your highness," Steve responds.

"Anyway," Tony continues. "Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you guys in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?"

"You're after the wrong girl," Steve states.

"Your judgement is askew," Tony responds. "Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday." This makes me tense up. I had assumed that I did, but no one had directly told me anything about what I had done yesterday.

"And there are five more super soldiers just like her," Steve stops him. "I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I just can't."

"Liv, we have to get moving," Bucky says putting a hand on my shoulder. I nod before following him and Sam through the airport. It seems like every time we look up, there's more people showing up on Tony's side. What started as Tony and Rhodey, was now Tony, Rhodey, Natasha, Black Panther, and some guy in a red suit with spiderwebs all over it. Finally, we come across the Quinjet.

"We found it," Sam says to Steve through an earpiece. "Their Quinjet's in hangar five, north runway." As soon as Sam finishes updating Steve, we start running towards the hangar. We don't even get out of the building before the guy in the red suit lands on the window.

"What the hell was that?" I ask.

"Everyone's got a gimmick now," Sam says out of breath, unlike Bucky and I due to the serum. The man breaks the window and swings in, knocking Sam down. I try to punch the man with my metal arm, but he catches it.

"You have a metal arm? That is awesome, lady!" I'm shocked by how young he sounds. Sam flies by and picks up the boy. I look at Bucky.

"How old is this kid?" I ask, still in a bit of shock. Bucky shrugs and we both run to stop the boy that had gotten out of Sam's grasp. Sam was flying around trying to shoot the boy's webs and cause him to fall. I grab the nearest piece of scrap metal and throw it at him before ducking behind a pole.

"Hey, lady, I think you lost this!" The boy shouted. I turn to look around the corner and duck just in time to miss the piece of metal I had just thrown at him. Sam knocks the kid off the beam he was standing on, but the boy threw Sam down and he crashed through a small shop. When Sam tried to get up and run off, the boy shot webs and stuck his hands to the railing behind him.

"Those wings carbon fiber?" The boy asked.

"This stuff coming out of you?" Sam asked, avoiding the question.

"That would explain the rigidity-flexibility ratio, which gotta say, that's awesome, man," The boy rambles.

"I don't know if you've been in a fight before, but there's usually not this much talking," I say, walking out into the open.

"Alright, sorry. My bad," He shrugs. He swings down and knocks both Sam and I over the railing and onto the ground below. He uses his webs to tie down my metal arm and wraps Sam's entire torso in webs. Bucky tried to stop him, but he ends up with each of his arms like my metal one.