Chapter 3:

I woke up at 7:00am .I checked my phone and found seven missed calls from mom.I decided to call her back.She picked on the third ring "Anika dear are you okay? Is the headache gone? I was so worried about you" I couldn't help but feel a warm sensation travel through my entire body,She truly loved and cared for me."Am definitely feeling better though am not going to work for the rest of the week .I need a break "i said meaning every word of it."That is wonderful sweetheart try getting a life or perhaps a boyfriend"I heard her stifle a chuckle."I do have a life " i said back to her laughter evident in my voice."you go have fun dear ,make sure to visit me this weekend""sure will Ma ,bye,love you " i hang up the phone .

I made myself  a  well deserved breakfast .After taking a shower and talking to Betty on the phone,i decided on going for a swim.Life for me had been really lonely. Living all alone and managing a million dollar company.At several times my will had been tested but i had conquered all my trials and i was living the life i dreamed.
I heard my phone ring ,i walked out of the water and wrapped myself in a white towel as i reached out for my phone "Nika!" someone shouted on the earpiece.Only one person called me Nika in the whole wide world."Bella!"i said equally enthusiastic."Girl I've missed you,i just came back from London yesterday.I went to your office and Betty told me you have the week off,you okay?"she said sounding serious on the last part ."Am fine Bella just having a good rest""Can i pick you up we go shopping?"I knew Bella loved shopping it was her favourite thing to do since i knew her in college.She had a very good sense of fashion .I on the other hand not so much."Sure thing"I said"I'll be there in ten" I hang up and went to get ready for our Shopping spree

As agreed Bella picked me up from my penthouse and we drove to the mall.It was truly a nice distraction from work. We talked and laughed and had a lot of fun.I had missed my bestfriend.We went back to my penthouse and continued our chit chat.I went to freshen up in my room and have some rest.I had just gotten from the bathroom when i had a knock on my door."come in" i yelled"Perfect! You just got from the shower,wear something nice we are going to the club.And dont you dare even think about saying no"Without another word she walked out of my room.
With a sigh i walked into my walk in closet and scanned it for something to wear.It had been a while since i last went to the club.I became very busy after University i never had time for such things.I finally decided on a black skin tight dress with matching black heels.I did my make up and curled my hair into place .I stood in front of my full length "wow i look younger" i thought to myself.Satisfied with my look i walked out of my room and down the stairs

"Whoa girl you look hot,no guy will be able to resist you in that dress"Bella said her eyes scanning my entire appearance up and down."You too Bells you look amaizing."Bella had always been a beautiful girl,She had long shiny blond hair,blue eyes and a perfect body,She looked like a model especially now in her short golden dress and silver heels.Her make up was done perfectly.I grabbed my car keys and we headed out of the penthouse to the club.