.τακє τнє яιѕκ.

Renjuns P.O.V.

My mind went completely blank for a moment and a wave of emotions came over me all of a sudden.
I felt so vulnerable the second Jaemin had closed the door in front of me.
Tears started to build up in the corners of my eyes, my knees felt shaky and I just couldn't explain what was happening to me. How could I get affected by someone's words so much?
Was I really just not good enough?

Shaking my head to snap back into reality, I pulled myself together again. I couldn't let my weakness show. I couldn't let my thoughts take over my actions like that. I had to be strong and do something about it.

I balled my hand into a fist, my veins protruding as anger made itself visible and with that I took out my phone again, not wasting a single second more to text Seoyeon.

You

Hey Seoyeon!
Just wanted to ask
how you've been
and what you're
doing right now!~

I was eagerly waiting for her to read the message and respond since it was my only chance to stop whatever was going on right now, so seeing her status change to 'online' shortly after sending the text off gave me a huge feeling of relief.

Seoyeon(*´˘'*)♡

Oh, hey.
I've been doing
good I guess?
What do you mean
with "what you're
doing right now",
I thought Jaemin
told you we'd meet up?

That little rat..
Saying I'm mad would be a total understatement at this point.

I was quick to respond, telling her that I hadn't even been in the house when they planned the whole thing and that Jaemin had told me absolutely nothing which seemed to really confuse her.

___________

Seoyeon(*´˘'*)♡

So he lied to me?
But why would he do
that? I'm not sure
what or who to believe
right now.
I'm sorry, Renjun.

You

I understand - but
please, I'm asking you
not to meet up with
him if you trust me.
Give me a chance and
I'll make it up to you.

Seoyeon(*´˘'*)♡

If he really lied to
me then..promise to
meet me soon.
That way I know if
you mean what you say.

___________

I put my phone down for a moment after reading what she said.
How am I supposed to respond?
I could risk my whole career if I agree to her offer, but if I don't agree then she won't ever believe me again and Jaemin will have her.

Those were both scenarios I wouldn't want to happen, but I had to make a decision.
So I did.

You

Alright, can you meet
me today at 11:30pm?

Yes, it was an unusual time and she answered like that too at first, but I just needed to meet her once it was dark already or otherwise it might mean the end of NCT for me.