Making Friends

2:13 pm. I bounced my leg in anticipation, waiting for her. I saw a flash of blonde out of the corner of my eye and smiled.

"Hey, Riker!" She said.
"Hey, how are you?"
"Pretty awesome, what about you?" She asked.
"I have nothing to complain about. I'm actually happy that you texted!" I replied
"There was no way I could blow you off when I have friends that fantasize about marrying you." She joked.
"Oh, I see how it is, this wasn't your decision, huh?" I chuckled.
"Actually, it was. They think I'm out shopping with my mom right now. They have no idea about you."
"Wow, that's smart. I guess I'd have a mob around me right now if they knew?"
"Probably. Hey, there is something you need to know about before we get too far.. I have a boyfriend. And I don't know if you were interested in me... but you should know." She said, nervously.
"Don't worry, I figured that. You seem like a fun person to be around. I'd be worried about humanity if you were single right now." I laughed.
"Wow, you're a charmer! I assume you have a girlfriend, then...?"
"No. I don't. I just haven't found the right girl yet. You're here because I think you'd be so fun to have as a best friend, my entire family could use someone like you in our lives. You're not an obsessed fangirl, and you see us real people. Which is nice." I confessed.
She smiled and nodded. "I understand."
"So I think we should take a selfie so that I can post it on Instagram and Twitter and freak your friends out."
"YES PLEASE." She laughed.

We took our selfie and finished our Starbucks. We spent 30 minutes laughing about how all of my fans were fighting over whether she was my girlfriend or not, then her phone started buzzing violently with text messages from her friend freaking out. When we were finished, she agreed to come over and meet the rest of my family plus Ellington. They loved her instantly and built up enough trust for a lifetime. She told us about her boyfriend. Tall, brunette, cello player, more of a classical music lover than a rock n' roller, but she loved him. He treated her right and always took her on cute dinner dates.

Rydel clicked with her instantly. They both loved the 80's and food, which made them instant best friends.

She was a great person, and I was so excited to learn everything I could about her and who she was.