4

Michael's POV

Crowded rooms seem to put everything into perspective for me. Everyone is bustling in different directions only proving that everyone is living in their own mind. Some taking off, some landing, all going to different places. We are basically tracks that follow individual paths only crossing on occasions. I suppose when you do cross tracks that it was meant to be. Its odd how we do cross paths with other people, at least it is to me. Tangled webs of existence often connect and I suppose those should be labeled as the meant to be's. One time we go left instead of going right and bam, a new world is opened. Or sometimes paths cross in a different way. Like perhaps a mute stranger sitting on your couch when you get home from school.

Airports are like the perfect nucleus to prove my point. I mean everyone goes to an airport for a purpose but all purposes are different. There's a grandmother picking up her grandchild, loved one's saying goodbye for a week or a month, then there's me. Taking everything I've ever known and packing it with me across the world. The point I guess I'm trying to make is each person is living in their own purpose. I have no idea the reasons behind the loved one's saying goodbye nor will I ever know and that's the beauty of it all. There are billions of people on Earth and all of us have our own rhymes and reasons as to why we do what we do and love who we love. If you think about it long enough, its mind blowing.

"Are you sure you got everything?" Luke asked for the millionth time since we arrived to the airport two hours ago. My plane leaves in less than an hour and we are just sitting around waiting for the boarding call.

"Yes Luke." I groaned, looking over to chuckle at his worried expression. He's more nervous than I am and he's not even leaving yet.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled but I ignored him to check my phone instead, still nothing. "I'm sure he will show Mikey." Luke assured but my doubts were high.

"It's okay if he doesn't, we said goodbye last night and I'll be back in a few weeks to fly back out with you and Ash." I said, trying to convince myself more than anyone.

"He could still show I mean you've still got-"

"Ladies and Gentleman we are now boarding for the flight to Los Angeles." A woman's voice called over the loud speaker, cutting Luke off.

"Well that's me." I sighed as we both stood from our seats. Luke handed me my duffle back while I shrugged on my backpack.

"I guess I'll see you in a few weeks." Luke mumbled as he chewed on his lip nervously.

"Yeah." I sighed, trailing out the word. This was the first time I've been away from my best friend for any length of time and I was sure to miss him.

We stared at each other awkwardly until Luke reached out and wrapped his arms around me. He buried himself against my chest with his arms squeezing me tightly. In all the time I've known Luke he's never been affectionate like this. But for some strange reason, right now it felt comfortable. I let my arms hug Luke back and I rested my chin on his shoulder. We hugged for probably too long but when we pulled back Luke had a goofy grin on his face.

"I'm gonna miss you Mikey." He said quietly and I rested my hand on his shoulder. Our eyes were locked on each other's and I cracked a smile.

"Shut up Luke." I playfully rolled my eyes and his cheeks heated in embarrassment. We walked closer to the door and I got in line to have my ticket checked. Before I headed off to another country I just had to make sure of one thing.

"Luke?" I questioned, turning to face him.

"Yeah?" His eyes caught mine again and I tried to ignore how sad he looked.