||TWENTY-EIGHT - HAPPY||

Tatum's POV

After having milkshakes at Pop's, Veronica took Archie back to the Pembrooke, no doubt to do some stuff together.

So, I took Betty back to my dad's.

"Quiet. He can't know you're here." I whisper to Betty, and she nods. I open the front door, and we creep up the stairs.

"Tatum, is that you?" Dad asks from the living room. I put a finger to my lips, telling Betty to be quiet.

"Yeah. I'm really tired, I'm just going to go to bed." I lie.

"Okay, kid. Goodnight." He replies.

"Goodnight, Dad." I return, and carry on up the stairs. We go all the way up to my bedroom, and I lock the door behind us.

I smirk at Betty, and she kisses me. My hands travel down the sides of her figure, and then rest on her hips. I smile widely against her lips.

"What is it?" She asks. 

"I know we've only known each other for a few months, but..." I trail off. "I love you, Betty." She's surprised at first, but then smiles.

"Tatum, I love you." She says. I smile, then smash my lips onto hers. She pulls off her coat, and tosses it to the side. 

Betty then takes off my sweater, then my tank top, exposing my bra. My hands reach the hem of her top, and I pull it off her. 

We both kick our shoes off, and I back Betty up against the end of my bed. I push her onto it, and climb onto her lap.

I then trail hickeys down her neck and on her collarbone. She moans in delight.

"Are you sure your dad can't hear us?" Betty asks me. I look her in the eye.

"You can't hear anything going on up here." I say. She leans in the kiss me again, and before she can, I push her down so she's lying down on my bed. I move her hands, and rest them on my ass.

I kiss her roughly, and my hands go to the top of her skirt. I pull it off, and then she's laying there in nothing apart from her underwear.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask her. She nods.

"I need you." She says, and then kisses me again before pulling my skirt off. She uses her strength to flip me over, and then she climbs on top of me.

She sucks on my neck, and then kisses me again. Her hands go under my back, to the clasp of my bra. I arch my back and she unhooks it, before tossing it onto the floor.

We don't break the kiss. I flip her back, so I'm on top, and she doesn't seem to mind.

"Don't you do that again, or I might have to punish you." I smirk at her.

"Oh, please do." She replies, and pulls me down to kiss her again.

It was the best night of my life.

We lay next to each other. Under the covers of my bed, and both completely naked. I turn to face her in the bed.

"I love you." I say, smiling.

"I love you too." She smiles. I kiss her again, and we lay in bed for a while.

"Do you want to borrow something to sleep in?" I ask her. She nods, and I climb out of my bed. I walk over to my dresser, and pull on one of my oversized t-shirts. I grab a second one, and toss it to Betty.

We soon both fall asleep in my bed, in each others embrace.

-----

The next morning, I wake up and see Betty with her head rested on the crook of my neck. Still asleep. I smile, and look down at her sleeping figure.

She soon wakes up, and looks up at me. She looks so cute like this.

"Were you watching me sleep?" She asks me.

"Maybe." I admit. "Why do you have to look so cute?" She shrugs, then kisses me.

Then, there is a knock at my door.

"Tatum, can I come in?" My dad asks. I look at Betty.

"Hide in my bathroom." I say to her, and we both climb out of bed. She runs into my bathroom and shuts the door behind her.

"Just a second!" I call out to my dad. I kick the clothes that are sprawled across the floor into a corner. I then go up to the door, and unlock it.

I rush and sit back on the end of my bed, just as the door opens.

"Morning, kid." He greets.

"Morning." I smile at him.

"I'm just going to Pop's for breakfast with Archie, do you want to come with us?" He asks me. I shake my head.

"I'm fine." I tell him. 

"Okay." He replies. "Clean up in here, okay. It looks like a mess." He then leaves and shuts the door behind him.

I wait for the sound of him going down the stairs, and then open my bathroom door.

"Is he gone?" Betty asks me.

"Yeah." I nod. "Do you need to shower?"

"I do." She answers. "But, so do you. And, we don't want to waste water." I smirk at her. I back her up into the bathroom, and we lock the door behind us. 

And, I think you can guess what we did in the shower.

-----

After our session in the shower, we go into my bedroom to get dressed.

"What am I supposed to tell my mom?" Betty asks me. "That I slept with my girlfriend last night?"

"Just tell her that you slept over at Kevin's." I tell her. "Because you can't tell her that you slept at Veronica's, because she'll still assume you slept with me."

"Good idea." She nods.

I lend Betty some clothes, and we both get dressed. 

"If my dad's still here, I don't know how you're going to get out of here." I say. "Wait a second." I quickly go out of my room, and run down the stairs. I see that my dad's truck is gone, and then run back up the stairs.

"He's gone. You're good." I tell her. She kisses me again, and we go downstairs. 

I open the front door, then lean up against the doorframe as I watch Betty walk down the stairs and down the street.

She turns back to look at me, and then runs back to the house. She comes up to me, and kisses me on the lips.

"I'll see you later." She smiles.

"Bye." I wave her off as she walks down the street to her house.

I was finally happy, truely. For the first time in my life. We'd solved the murder of Jason Blossom, and it was as if nothing else bad could happen.

But, it was just the beginning. And, I definitely wasn't expecting the phone call I got later that day from my brother.

Which changed everything.

A/N Dynasty is officially over! I want to thank you for all the support on this book. I definitely didn't expect it to get this many reads, and end up over-taking two of my other books.

Usually, I read other fanfictions to help me, however I didn't read any Betty Cooper books to help me out!

Answering you questions, I will be continuing this book, writing a sequel. I will update you when I have the first chapters out, and I appreciate the support and the patience as it would take a while.

In the meantime, you could read my other books which are all completed:

South Of The Border || Cheryl Blossom

Born Crazy || Sweet Pea

I Scream In Your Arms || Sweet Pea

Thank you so much!