Prologue

"Torrent, may I ask you something?" Queen Tsunami asked her second-in-command.

The small, wiry SeaWing jumped when she spoke. He looked up and nodded.

"Y-yes, your highness..."

Tsunami brought out a large, round egg. It had hints of light blue on the bottom, and was covered in strands of seaweed.

"Do you know how this came to the reef?" She asked.

Torrent's eyes widened, and he stepped back a bit.

"That's..." He began.

"Yes. An IceWing egg. Now, I know the Great War has been over for five years now, but why, and how, did an IceWing egg, of all things, get in the Sea Kingdom?"

Torrent looked at his feet, as if he was searching for an answer. Many had doubted Torrent when Tsunami chose him as her second-in-command, however, he was a very smart and strong dragon and served well.

"Y-your Highness, forgive me for correcting you, but t-that's not an IceWing egg...the patterns are the same as the ones on a SeaWing's egg, but the color is that of an IceWing's-"
Torrent replied.

"Hmmm...how very strange. Since it's just wrong to leave an unhatched egg on its own...I say we take care of it." Tsunami interrupted.

"But, Your Majesty, it also has the shape and size of a RainWing egg..."
Torrent finished.

Tsunami stared at the egg some more. It did look really strange...

"Torrent, take this egg to the Royal Hatchery and ask Anemone to take care of it." She ordered.

Torrent scrambled to his feet and placed the large egg on his back.

"Y-yes, Your Highness. I will ask Princess Anemone to take care of this egg." He repeated, then dashed out of the room.

Tsunami sighed and sat down. It was only so recently that she and her friends parted ways...but then why did she miss them so much? Clay was probably doing well as the head of the royal guards, and Glory also had her claws full with both the RainWing and NightWing tribes. While Starflight became the scrollmaster of the NightWings, Sunny was the only one Tsunami met with on a regular basis. She was probably really happy as the messenger of the tribes.

Ever since mom died...I guess I've been doing well, with Anemone and Auklet by my side, Tsunami thought.
But sometimes, I wish I could be a little dragonet like Auklet again...

"I just had this amazing idea!" Tsunami shouted to a bunch of bubbles.
"I'll ask everyone for help with the egg! Then, we'll be able to finally spend some time together again!"

One of the bubbles popped. Tsunami glared at the area where it used to be.

"Oh, shut up, you stupid bubbles. No one asked for your opinion."