Baby Fairyland 4: Mariposa

Our story continues in a place called Terre de fleur de canard, or as you know it, Baby Fairy Land. Where the royal family Lillyanna, who has brown hair, and green eyes, and refers to herself as Lilly, and is a Christmas fairy, and her sisters, Neko, who has black hair, and green eyes, and is an animal fairy, and Sussie, who has blond hair, and brown eyes, and is an imaginative fairy, live. Lillyanna is reading a book when Neko walks up to her.

"Do you know the story of Mariposa?" Neko asked.

"Yeah, why?" Lilly answered.

"We're learning about it at school and I wondered if you could tell me more?" Neko replied.

"Ok, I'll tell you the story," Lilly answered. "It started in a town named Theoscland, where Mariposa, who had brown hair, with blue eyes, and her sister who had brown hair, and green eyes, and their mother, who had blond hair, and green eyes, once lived. Queen Emilie went crazy and threatened to hurt the girls. The queen had already killed her first daughter, Hannah. Scarlett and the queen were both forest fairies but Mariposa was a water fairy taking after her father. Her mother did not like the fact that she was a water fairy."

It was the evening, the time where the little ones would be in bed and the old ones would be reading their books. The queen tucked Scarlett into bed and gave her a little rabbit, a symbol for the nature fairies. Mariposa was reading in her room when her mother walked in.

"Where were you last night?" The queen asked.

"I went to the cave in Vraequorus," Mariposa answered

"The land you're not supposed to go?" The queen asked

"Yes," Mariposa answered.

Neko looked at Lilly and held her stuffed cat closely.

"What happened next?" Neko asked.

"Then the queen got very angry at Mariposa- and grabbed the stick that was used for hitting. Mariposa got scared- than mad and argued it was not fair, then she threw her stuffed bunny and said she did not need it because she was a water fairy. The queen hit Mariposa with the stick. Every scream Mariposa gave out the weaker she got. Scarlett heard the whole thing and knew she would never see her beloved sister again."

"Did she die?" The worried Neko asked.

"She did, but not yet," Lilly replied.

"Then how did she die?" Neko asked.

"Mariposa was very weak and could barely walk but her mother was not done."

"If you like the cave so much you can die in the cave," The queen said.

"Please no." The weak Mariposa cried out.

"The queen carried Mariposa to the cave in Vraequorus and then left her dying daughter on the rock. The queen then left the cave and pushed a rock in front of the opening so no one would come in. Many days passed but Mariposa was determined and held on for as long as she could. Mariposa died a week later on Scarlet's birthday, her last words being "Happy birthday to the sister I love."

"The queen came the next week and put her body in the lake and that where she stayed."

"Then what?" Neko asked.

"Only the officer knows," Lilly replied.

"What officer?" Neko asked.

The girls stood there in wonder. But I know the truth, I know what happened to Mariposa Truesteel. But later there will be people that know like Roxy Awakuni, her daughter Star Spiderglade and her sister Meadow. I looked out my window and wondered if anyone else would know what happened but now it was a mystery, the mystery of Mariposa Truesteel. That's when I saw a butterfly, a mariposa butterfly.