Chapter 5

"NODDING MY HEAD LIKE YEAH"

"MOVING MY LIPS LIKE YEAH"

That is just a clip of what has been going on in our car as the five of us screamed our lungs out for the past few hours as we left the riding camp at 10. We were supposed to leave at 8 but seeing the feast that Uncle Roman and Aunt Mel left out for us, we couldn't deny it.

By noon, all of us had become cranky as we were hungry and wanted to stop for dinner. Finally, we entered a small town. As we drove around looking for somewhere to eat, Jake pointed out an Indian restaurant, 'Darbaar'. Since none of us had any problems with it we parked at the parking lot and got out.

I smiled as I inhaled the spices that quickly arose the minute, we entered the restaurant. I hadn't had good Indian food in what seemed like forever and my mouth began watering as I imagined the curries, naans and snacks that I was about to eat. As we waited in line, one of the waiters came and invited us inside, even though there were 2-3 families ahead of us.

As he gave us the menus and walked away, Alison squealed "Did you see the way he was looking at you? You guys would be so cute together, and man he is hot. Oh, babe don't give me that look you know that I only love you." As you probably guessed, the last part was meant for Jason.

Blushing I shut her up, "Oh be quiet he is probably just shocked to see another Indian. I mean have you looked around here? Now shut up he is coming back."

"Hi my name is Salman; may I take your order?" he smiled as he got his notepad out.

"Yah can I have the masala papad? Isn't that what we had ordered when we went to that food truck a few months ago Alia?" Jake asked as he remembered the small food truck that had sadly closed down a few weeks ago. Even though he had asked me I couldn't stop laughing at his pronunciation.

"Do you speak Hindi?" the waiter asked me.

"Yah, but let me just warn you that it is horrible. Anyway, my name is Alia." I introduced myself to the waiter.

"Are you from around here?" he asked as I explained the road trip, which by now we had explained to every waiter, cashier and BnB owner.

"Oh, that sounds like fun. My friends and I are planning on going on a road trip as well before I leave for Cornell , but just for a week, and everything has to be planned otherwise my mother would kill me." he explained as he pointed to a lady at the back, who I assumed to be her mother.

Just as I was about to speak again his mother called from the back, telling him to hurry up. With a playful roll of his eyes he took our order and left, but not before telling me to come and meet his mother before I leave, because he assured me that she would love it.

As he left, I returned my attention to my friends. Already knowing what was about to happen I covered my ears as Alison once again squealed "Okay there is no way you can deny that he was flirting-" Before she could finish her sentence Ryder got up and stormed out of the restaurant. 'What is his deal' I thought as the rest of my friends gave each other knowing looks. Knowing I was about to question them the twins quickly got up and ran after Ryder.

15 minutes of Alison completely ignoring my questions the boys were back. They sat down as Ryder apologised and smiled, honestly it looked forced to me but before I could ask anything our food arrived. In no time, the entire incident was ignored as we began stuffing our faces with food.

"Alia pass me that one please?" Ryder asked as he pointed to a bowl of curry next to me. it was the only thing on the table that hadn't been hogged by them yet.

"Yah I do not think that is the smartest idea. It's the only dish here with the original spice levels, actually no its higher. I sincerely doubt you will be able to handle it." I explain as I take a spoonful and put it in my mouth.

"Is that a challenge I hear?" Ryder smirks before taking a spoonful of the curry, and then passing it on to the other three, who follow his lead. He began counting to three for all of them to eat it as I took out my phone to record. A minute later I was laughing my head off as they fought over the remaining glasses of water. As they calmed down, I went to the cashier to pay.

"Oh, you must be the lovely girl that Salman was talking about. I am his mother." She smiled at me as I came.

"Hi Aunty, the food here is absolutely delicious. It seems like it has been forever since I last ate home-made Indian food, but this was close enough." I replied as I took out my card to pay.

"Oh, you are way too sweet. Are you in any hurry? If not, I have some kulfis here that I would love for you and your friends to have, on the house." She replied as she swiped my card, followed by her yelling out into the kitchen for them to get the dessert before I could even say anything. Thanking her, I returned to the table, only for them to laugh as I told them about the free dessert, 'some friends I have' I snorted as I rolled my eyes.