I'd be his, if He asked.

Tao briskly made his way up the stairs leading to the rooftop where he knew his best friend would be, opening the emergency exit door with shaky hands, like he had any right to be nervous, he was just going to speak to Kris, going to comfort his best friend, his best friend who looked incredibly hot when pissed off, his best who he was undeniably in love with but still denied it. So, yeah, no reason at all to be nervous, he could make out Kris's tall frame looming at the other end of the roof, he swiftly made his way over, "Hey"

Kris turned his head and gave a subtle nod before moving his eyes back to gaze at the city landscape once again, oh god, not him. Yes, him Kris, he's the only one who knew where to find you. The elder wishes it weren't him, even Chanyeol would've been better, he would feel like a complete dick if he had to say something regrettable to Tao, with Chanyeol it was normal. Kris just can't help himself when it comes to Tao or holding his tongue when angry and the last thing, he wanted to do was hurt Tao. He's mad for a stupid reason anyway, they were just playing a stupid game of spin the bottle, but instead of kissing each other, the person the bottle had pointed to would have to do the kissing and the person at the other end of the bottle would choose the victim. They had played the game countless times before, even during their high school days and Kris didn't mind playing this time either, they were bored and tipsy. They played a couple of rounds, Minseok was first, but he opted to only kiss Sooyoung on the cheek, having felt that was the safer option after the daggers Jongdae sent his way. Junmyeon had gone next, he too had also opted for a cheek kiss, being the gentleman, he is, Kris doesn't remember who the girl was. Yixing, Sehun, and Jongin had a turn, Baekhyun too, and from the people that went, Yixing and Baekhyun were the only ones that went lips on lips. Yixing claiming he's a free spirit and ended up making out in the middle of a café opposite the pizza place they had chosen to eat at near their campus, with some blonde bimbo who's name Kris couldn't remember. Baekhyun had preferred to taunt Chanyeol with a simple peck on the lips with Taeyeon and sure Chanyeol being the calm collected guy he is, did nothing but drag his boyfriend back to their table by the hems of his shirt, and maybe that also accounted for why Chanyeol was uncharacteristically stoic afterward. But when it got to Tao's turn, there was something that burned deep within Kris, something that riled him up down to the bone. Maybe it was the way Tao grabbed her waist when he kissed her or the way she threaded her fingers into his hair as she deepened the kiss, Kris was sure there was tongue involved. Maybe it was the satisfied smirk adorning Tao's face as he made his way back to their table or maybe the freshly written number scribbled across the younger's palm. Maybe it was all of it, but Kris couldn't remember at which exact point his blood had started boiling, veins coursing with feelings he couldn't admit it. Before he knew it, he had lost his temper, going off at his friends, again saying some regrettable things, about how the game was stupid, and they all needed to grow up. Chanyeol tried to calm him down, Minseok too, Junmyeon even which only caused him to cuss them out more before storming out the pizza place after having attracted too much attention to their table. He would apologize and deal with them later, but now he had his precious Tao standing in front of him with those beautiful eyes that Kris couldn't help but picture when he closed his own eyes, standing with his metaphorical tail between his legs looking up Kris like he had done something wrong but in reality, Kris was just a jealous coward. Not willing to admit his own feelings but also expecting Tao to unknowingly wait around for him.

"Junmyeon was worried so...he sent me to check up on you...'cause you know I'm the only one that would've known where to find you"

"Of course, he was" Kris scoffed, it came out with more bite than he had intended but nonetheless he shuffled past Tao and sitting against the wall, back pressing against the cold concrete that he could feel through his t-shirt and jacket, lifting a knee to rest his arm on as he pulled out a cigarette and placing it between his lips.