Chapter 4

I had awoken in to a brightly lit room. Scott made it a habit of pulling the blinds open in the mornings when ever I slept in late. I felt over on Scott’s side of the bed confirming what I already knew, it was likely after 9 so he’d probably gone to the gym by now.

I sat up slowly, running my fingers through my dark wavy hair in routine. I hated waking up without him. Blinking my eyes a few times, I grabbed my IPhone from off the nightstand. 10:36, It's still quite early for a Sunday morning in my opinion. I got up slowly, making my way over to the window on the far side of our bedroom.

Last night did not go. After all my attempts to tell him, i chickened out. I could confess the wrong i had done, because i'm ready for him to hate me. I closed my eyes in an attempt to forget what thoughts had crossed my mind. 

“Call me when he’s not around okay.”

I knew this was wrong. Now I craved the things that would betray Scott. I braced against the wall as butterflies shot through my stomach like a bullet through a vessel. Standing here, contemplating on whether to act on my temptations or realm in my composure. I turned my phone on and brought up my contacts. 

I will hate myself for this at some point later on but i dialed his number.

“Good morning. I thought you'd never call.” He answered on the first ring. His tone was brief though welcoming as if he’d been expecting my call. The pleasant level of his voice’s resonance was the same, making it difficult to tell whether or not he’d just woken up.

“H- Hi Harry.” I was extremely unsure of myself, becoming suddenly aware of the embarrassing lust clouding my judgment that made me call before I lost the urge. There was a constant fiddling with my cartilage piercing.

"I want you to come over tonight. Just talking this time… I promise.” He giggled at the last part.

I heart fluttered at his request. But a feeling of defeat overwhelmed me when I realized I had to work the next day. What would I tell Scott?

I understood that what happened could never happen again... but there was something in me that drew me to him. I desired conversation. Intellectualism. To be honest I desired everything from a guy I knew nothing about. He just wanted to talk though, right?

Something told me that he is now essential to my life, and I needed him in it if it was only just to know him. I bit my lip nervously.

“What time?”

"Say around, seven or so. Meet me somewhere far from your home, i'll pick you up" Harry told me then hung up.

                 +++

The night air was chilling, adding to my feeling of apprehension. The idea of it all made me sea sick. I hadn’t seen him since that night.

My pace was speedy. I couldn’t help but replay in my mind how much his life was a complete mystery to me. A mystery I wanted to know more about. I was hit with a rush of infamy when I thought about Scott.

I’d message him, saying that i wanted some time with the girls tonight. I had mentioned to him before how I felt like I been neglecting them a lot lately, so he surprisingly didn’t question it much at all. He’d been so understanding about it. He trust's me.

I tried to shake it off as moments passed before I finally saw a Ford truck of some kind shape into view. It looked a lot like the one Scott had bought for his birthday which I had to admit kind of freaked me out.

It stopped a few paces ahead of me before the car door opened and he stepped out. I waited a moment before walking closer. And then I saw them, his curls in a swarm around his head before he swept them to the side with his fingers. He walked closer grabbing my hand as he spoke.