CHAPTER 21- Pure Intentions

Pure Intentions

My Dad was so furious about it.They were shouting at each other inside Dad's office. Wala naman daw masama sa tinaong ni Jean, it was just her opinion.

Pero, hindi nagpatalo si Ate Lurresse she was firm with her words and even did not hesitate to look down on Jean. While Jean ended up crying and my Dad was comforting her; hindi ko nalang alam kung pati ako mapagbintangan pa sa pag iyak ni Jean.

"Dad is being unreasonable, that was clearly offensive ate," Anna said while she sat at the edge of my bed, crossing her arms.

Tama naman talaga si Anna, hindi maganda ang sinabi ni Jean. Bakit kailangan si Ate ang mapagalitan?

"I know, but Dad will just refuse to believe that," I said.

Whenever Anna doesn't feel okay or something is bothering her, she would go into my room and sleep beside me. She'll rant about it and I'll listen to her about her stories, it's her coping mechanism and along with the stories, she's telling it'll lead her to tell me what has been bugging her. I always listen to it and she always do the talking, hindi naman ako nagrereklamo kasi mas prefer ko talaga na yung kausap ko yung nagsasalita kesa sa'kin.

"Did you ever think that Dad and Jean could be something more?"

Anna's question made me look at her, Nanalaki ang mga mata ko sa kanya at agad na napaharap sa kanya.

"Anna, don't say that," I said, warning her.

She sighed and rolled her eyes, "Ate, isipin mo kaya. Jean is always the apple of Dad's eye, don't you think they're going behind Mom's back?"

"Anna," I said whining.

She sighed, "Ate, there are a lot of possibilities in this world, and one of those possibilities is that."

"Anna, seriously."

Pero hindi siya tumigil, "What? Baka naman kasi mron talaga, hindi lang natin alam,Jean is unpredicatable."

Tinititigan ko lang siya habang ineexplain niiya sa'kin yung bagay na maari sa sitwasyon na ito.

"Hindi naman ata gagawin yun ni Dad," I said.

Anna looked at me, there was something in her look that made me stop from my tracks, hinintay ko siyang magsalita. Diinaloy ako ng matinding kaba.

"I'm guessing no one told you yet?" she asked sighing, umayos siya ng upo, she was kissing her inside cheeks, looking at her, it was like, she was contemplating what to say, how to say it or where to start.

"What do you mean?" I asked, parang nagtatanga tanagahan kong tanong.

"Daddy cheated on Mon, multiple times already, with the same woman," Maikli perp puno ng impormasyon yung sinabi ni Anna.

"Since when?" I asked, my voice concerned.

Kumunot ang noo niya sa'kin, "Eversince the wrold begun,I guess.." She trailed off, sighing and laying down on my bed.

"Does Mom know?"

Nung tinanong ko iyon, halos mabulunan si Anna sa sarili niyang laway kasi natawa siya sa'kin. Her expression made me wonder, on how long Dad was doing this, I crossed my arms and firmly looked at her.

"Mother is not dumb, she knows so well, but acts as if it doesn't bother her at all," Anna said.

"Sina Kuya?" I asked again, humikib balikat siya at tumango.

"With the people they know and connections they have, People talk, you know," Anna sounded so sure of what she was saying, her voice were not even doubtful. What scared me was not the thought that Anna knew, it was because she sounded so sure of it, like she was used for it to happen.