𝚒'𝚖 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚗

ELSA
°

"Good morning." I was greeted by a smile. Jack sat not far from me while Bruni rested on his lap.

I don't remember going back to my tent. The last thing I remembered was being outside with Jack as we both told stories to each other.

He did most of the talking, he had a much exciting life than I did. Compared to him, I lived my life mostly being a shut-in, he's been to many places.

I must've drifted off to sleep while he was talking last night. I immediately felt bad.

"Jack did I-"

"Don't worry, Gale and Bruni here helped a bit on getting you here. I wouldn't have known where you stayed in if it weren't for the two." Jack said.

I felt my cheeks slightly heat up. "You brought me here?" I asked. Jack hummed in response as he nodded.

My mind immediately reminded my of how my sister used to fall asleep in the couch or her desk multiple times and Kristoff would carry her to the bed.

I felt myself get more embarrassed at the thought. I wanted to ask if he did the same thing but I feel like it would be more embarrassing to ask him that, especially if it wasn't even the case to begin with.

"Thank you." I replied to him, awkwardly bowing my head as a habit.

"You're welcome." He said mirroring the bow I did. He then let out a small chuckle before flashing me a bright smile.

For a short moment we just sat there and stared at each other before I cleared my throat and stood up from my bed.

"I should get going. Time to start the day." I told him.

"Oh, right. Should I..." his voice trailed off pointing at the tent flap. Before I could even respond he answered himself. "I should." He said before exiting my tent.

***

I didn't really have a usual routine, unlike the Northuldrans who had their specific jobs to do daily.

I had more of a 'call me if you need me' kind of job. If they were having troubles about something I would be there to help.

To be honest it wasn't that far off from my duties as the queen but this time I didn't have paperwork to deal with.

There were a few time where I really felt like the 'Protector' but those were very few times. I guess I should just be thankful that it's pretty much peaceful here.

"Elsa, you have a visitor." Someone told me. The moment I turned around I saw Anna with a very troubled look.

She ran up to me and gave me a hug. "Elsa I need your help, I don't know what to do." She said.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"It's Arendelle, something is happening in Arendelle and I don't know how to explain it. I just, I don't know who to call for or ask for help so I-"

"Okay, calm down Anna. Breathe." I instructed.

She nodded her head and started to breathe exaggeratedly. "Okay, I'm okay now."

"Alright. Now tell me. What's happening in Arendelle?" I asked.

"The kids, they've been going missing. I've had three reports of another missing child just before I went here." She said.

"What? Missing? But where could they have gone?" My eyebrows furrowed, trying to find an explanation to what Anna just told me.

"Well, I consulted Grandpabbie about it and all he told me was about this ancient spirit but he didn't really tell me what it was or what the spirit does. He just told me he's connected to all of what is happening to Arendelle." Anna said.

My mind could only come up with one spirit.

"No, it can't be him." I muttered to myself.

Anna looked at me with confusion. "Can't be who?" She asked me. I simply shook my head.

"I'll find the answers. Maybe if I go to Ahtohallan I'll somehow come across this ancient spirit." I told her.

"What? Go to Ahtohallan? Elsa no. The last time you went there I almost lost you. I can't let that happen again." Anna said holding my shoulders.

"No Anna, it might be the only way." I said holding her hand, gently taking it off my shoulders.

She looked at me with worried eyes. At the corner of my eye I saw someone land from their flying, a familiar brown poncho and pants seem to pop out at the color of snow.

"No, I'll try and find information in the libraries. I'll even get everyone I know to help this time, even Olaf since he can already read." Anna insisted.

"You mean you already checked the library?" I asked.

"Well, there's no harm in rechecking. I only searched the one section father marked as magical stuff but who knows, maybe it's on other sections." She said.

I shook my head. "I doubt that." I said.

Anna took a deep breath before facing me with a determined look. "No, we'll find it." She said taking my hand.

I raised an eyebrow. "What? Wait Anna, I can't just-"

"Elsa I can't exactly trust you to stay here and not run off to Ahtohallan by yourself again. Not after last time." She said as she began to pull me.

We walked passed Honeymaren and Yelana who just smiled at us and waved. "I'll be back soon." I waved them goodbye before walking the same pace as Anna.

We then rode on the sled where Kristoff and Sven were waiting patiently. The moment Anna and I sat down Kristoff immediately told Sven to get going.

As we were on the road, I simply stared out at the sceneries we passed as Anna and Kristoff was discussing about how we'll be able to successfully scan the books in the library as quickly as possible.

I honestly think it was a bad idea. As much as I appreciate the fact that Anna was not only trying to find ways to help her kingdom but she was also trying her best to finding alternative ways so I don't have to go to Ahtohallan again, but I still think it's the only way we can do now.

I was so lost in my train of thought that I almost didn't realize the floating boy that kept waving in front of me.

"Jack." I spoke up making Anna also look at us.

"Finally you notice me. I was beginning to think you couldn't see me anymore." He smiled weakly.

"Jack Frost you're here." Anna also acknowledged his presence. Jack then bowed to her.

"Why not sit here?" I offered the empty space beside me, ignoring the fact that he could simply fly his way with us. He took the offer though.

In the duration of the ride Anna explained to us her plan, occassionally Jack would ask her questions about certain details.

"Jack, do you perhaps know something about this?" Anna asked.

We all looked at him, except for Sven of course, and waited for his answer.

"I have a theory. I feel like something like this happened before." He said.

Anna looked at him with hopeful eyes. "Well, what do you think is happening?" She asked excitedly.

Jack held his chin, his lips slightly pursed as he tried to think hard.

"About Grandpabbie, do you think I can meet him?" He asked.