00

LILY GILBERT left everything behind in Mystic Falls to follow the one person she loved more than anything. Elijah Mikaelson. Although she felt bad for leaving her two siblings, Elena and Jeremy, she knew it was for the best.

After Elena became a vampire from Rebekah nearly killing her, Lily decided to leave town with Elijah for a little while to give both Elena and Rebekah space. He helped her become stronger and get used to her new life as a vampire. He helped her train and effectively use her speed and mind compulsion, while also respecting her decision to feed from blood bags instead of directly from the vein.

While she was gone, Jeremy found out that his destiny was to kill vampires. He was apparently one of "The Five", according to Klaus, but he wasn't given much time to even ponder the idea of being a hunter before he was killed by Katherine when she was looking for the cure.

When Lily found out, she went home immediately, and Elijah let her go alone, knowing she needed to be with her family. Lily didn't take Jeremy's death well, and neither did Elena. Elijah came back to town a little while after, feeling the need to check up on her and make sure she was alright.

Jeremy's death caused Elena to turn off her humanity switch, courtesy of Damon, who she was sired to. This ended with Elena burning their house down, with Jeremy's body inside of it. Lily was upset with her sister, but knew she wasn't in the right head space to even think about the effects of her actions.

After that, Elena moved in with the Salvatore's while Lily moved into Elijah's temporary apartment he had compelled someone to move out of. Elijah had told Lily multiple times that he would take her far away from Mystic Falls so she wouldn't have to deal with everything anymore. She wanted to take him up on his offer, but she was too afraid to leave Elena behind.

But, after realizing that Elena wanted nothing more than to be independent, Lily decided that it was best to permanently leave with Elijah. She figured she could visit whenever, but she knew Stefan and Damon would take care of her sister.

They took off to New Orleans, where a witch was rumored to be "conspiring" against Klaus. This drew both brothers to the city, while Rebekah stayed in Mystic Falls to be with Matt.

Elijah was determined to figure out what the witch wanted with his brother. He and Lily found out on their first night in New Orleans that Jane-Anne Devereaux was the witch they were looking for, but she had been killed by Marcel, who was a vampire Elijah and Klaus used to know.

Marcel had taken over New Orleans with his army of vampires and had banned all magic from the Quarter. He acted as if he was a king, giving orders to his army and allowing them to feed at night, since most didn't have daylight rings.

After Jane-Anne's sister, Sophie, told Elijah and Lily this, she proceeded to explain why Klaus was involved at all.

Apparently, Klaus had slept with a werewolf and gotten her pregnant. They all thought that was impossible, but due to his werewolf side, he was able to procreate. One of nature's many loopholes, as Klaus liked to call it.

Sophie led them to the werewolf she was talking about, whom she had kept captive until they had arrived. Her name was Hayley, and from first glance, both Lily and Elijah knew she was terrified.

Klaus was adamant that it was not his child she was pregnant with, and told everyone off the second he found out. Elijah had to convince him more than once to believe the witches and give that child a chance.

Elijah wanted nothing more than to be a family again, and he figured this was the perfect opportunity.

Lily, on the other hand, had left Mystic Falls for one reason: to get away from the supernatural drama in that town.

But, she realized quickly that she was only being immersed even deeper into it.

--

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS

i'm going to try and do one episode per chapter (if it all works out) so i hope that's alright!

hopefully i'll have the first chapter up this weekend but school starts on monday so i can't guarantee anything!