Part 1 of 1

Adil woke up by a continuous loud banging on his door. As he lay face down on his bed, he gained his stream of thoughts and noticed that he had a weird headache. When he moved his limbs to get up, he felt sweet aches all over his body. Laboriously, he sat up and opened his eyes. The blazing sunlight coming from the window filled his eyes with such immense brightness that for a moment, he thought he was going blind. He covered his eyes with the back of his hand and noticed that the restless banging on his door was still going on, now together with the shout of his name.

On recognising the voice, he thought that Arya must have come to go to the mess with him for breakfast. Thinking about breakfast, he noticed that his throat was very dry and his tongue had a wacky taste on it. Adjusting his eyes, he got up and opened the door. Arya was outside, grinning devilishly. Annoyed, he gave no reaction and turned around to sit on the bed. Arya entered behind him laughing out loudly.

His laugh somehow felt worse than the banging, “Ahh! Don’t man. I have this very weird headache.”

“Yeah moron! This is what a hangover is,” Arya said bobbing his head while still grinning. “Don’t worry though! First time hangover feels the worst. You should get a lemonade with lunch.”

Adil, utterly shocked, “Lunch? What? What time is it?”

Arya, struggling to control his laughter, replied, “Yeah! It’s 2 PM. Man! Do you even remember what you did last night?”

“I remember going out of the hostel with you. Then at the party…………. having two drinks and………….. after that it is all a big blur,” Adil said trying to remember through his headache. “Why? What did I do?”

“Do you know Anisha?” Arya said teasingly. “Oh! Of course you do. She is your one true crush.”

Adil, now trying his best to remember with excitement and fear,“Oh hell! What did I do?”

“Well, she saw that you were behaving very funny. So, she came to talk and said that was the first time she saw you drunk. Then you, not believing that she would ever talk to you, thought that you must be imagining it.”

Faint images of the last night started to appear in Adil’s mind. Now all he could feel was dread and fear. “Oh man! Then?” he asked fearfully.

“So, you took your index finger, placed it on her nose to determine whether she was really there and then made some robot noises. Beep. Beep,” Arya said, imitating Adil while laughing so hard that tears came to his eyes.

Adil, now with the complete picture of the incident in his mind, sat there gazing at the wall meditating about his utter stupidity. Then after meditating for a minute, he said, “Eh! She was out of my league anyways.”

Both of them fell on the floor laughing.