Surrender 2

This the second part in the Surrender verse series. I would strongly advise to read the first one before you read this one.

          The Aldebaran royal gardens were bathing in the late afternoon light, stretching their tidy geometric patterns almost out of Luke's sight. He liked the way the sun was on Aldebaran, is was a bit more orange than was he used to know on Earth. And definitely better than the blueish ambient colour on Proxima. Here, most of the vegetation was coloured by a natural golden shimmery pigment, making the trees look like elaborated metal craftwork. In most Aldebarans' eyes it was the most common thing in the world, but Luke viewed this planet as huge shining jewel.

He was fascinated by all the small differences and took classes to catch up on all the knowledge he lacked, learning about history, geography, culture and even politic. His main activity was still to practice and train to stay in good shape and build some new skills and fighting techniques. During his days at the Royal Palace, the prince didn't need personal protection, so Luke was free to other things, but he was always happy to back to their chambers at the end of the day.

Luke was casually leaning on the railing the balcony when Ashton wrapped his arms around his waist and rested his head against his shoulder. They both sighed in the comfort of the embrace. They have been very tactile with each other right from the beginning, and nothing has changed ever since. In the two months that has passed since Luke moved to Aldebar, their relationship hasn't really evolved, much to his dismay. They have shared a lot of hugs, cuddles and other small touches, but nothing further. And if they also shared a bed more that they would admit, no one had to know.

And actually no one really knew what was going on behind closed door. Officially Luke was just Ashton's bodyguard and he acted very professional when in public. So for the vast majority, it was strictly professional between them. Even Calum didn't know, beside the fact that he became this closest friend very rapidly. This new friendship helped Calum to open up to Ashton himself too. The raven-haired man started to talk to the prince more as a friend, using his first name only to address him and being more comfortable in general.

Luke knew Ashton well enough by now to be aware that the prince must have reciprocated at still some of this feelings. But he was too afraid to approached the topic directly. Ashton was the centre of his new life and he couldn't risk to lose him. So he kept enjoying their proximity silently and wondering if his loud quick heartbeat was noticeable.

Ashton placed a small kiss on Luke's shoulder blade and then move his chin on top of it to admire the view.

"Long day?" Luke asked gently.

"Yes...", the prince sighed again. "but not a bad day.", he smiled small. For a moment they just stayed like that. It felt natural and soothing. Then Ashton's smile suddenly widened when he whispered "I have good news for you" in a teasing way.

He could see from the corner of his eyes, Luke arching an eyebrow and humming.

"We're going on another planet, for a visit."

Luke turned in the embrace and faced Ashton with huge eyes. "Really?" The prince nodded and confirmed "Really.". A big, bright smile stretched on the blond lips before he pulled Ashton in a bear hug.

"That's awesome!" He cheered loudly. Then, he blushed and stepped away a bit, not looking at Ashton in the eyes anymore. "Not that I don't like Aldebar, because I love it, really. I'm just excited to discover more."