⠀⠀³¹ the perfectionist

˒⠀S O T T . . . 𝙲𝙰𝚁𝙳𝙸𝙸𝙰𝙲

○○○○●○○○○❛ JUST 𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑷 YOUR CRYING,IT'S A 𝑺𝑰𝑮𝑵 OF THE 𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬𝑺

○○○○●○○○○
❛ JUST 𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑷 YOUR CRYING,
IT'S A 𝑺𝑰𝑮𝑵 OF THE 𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬𝑺.

the perfectionist! ━━ no

the perfectionist! ━━ no. 031
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     WE, AS WRITERS, SHOULD THINK OF ANY AND EVERY FLAW THAT COULD OCCUR IN A SCENE. A character's personality doesn't need to be constantly on display, but thinking about things that might bug them will give you insight into how they're thinking and feeling. It also helps if you realize a scene could use some dialogue breaks or flashes of personality.

     Body language, private habits, dress and grooming, and even dialogue can be used to "show" how a character thinks and feels. Is their house tidy, but their social life a mess? Is their social life pristine, but their career full of ups and downs? Is actually everything in their life perfect on the outside, but when something goes slightly awry they have a meltdown? And once you figure out how your character thinks and feels, you can more easily write how they live and behave.

     In my opinion, one of the best character flaws and personality traits for a character to have is perfectionism. And today, that is what we will be talking about.

     As someone who is inherently a perfectionist in every aspect of her life, it's so difficult to get things done quickly. Before I do something, I make sure I have everything organized and perfect. I need things to be done and to be done correctly. I want my work, writings, and plans to be perfect and flawless. However, as Hannah Montana said, nobody is perfect and neither are characters. Though your character can be a perfectionist, and that makes for an interesting character arc.

     Now, there are different kinds of perfectionists, and it helps to do research so you can narrow down your character. From there you can decide what perfectionist habits they might display. There are also articles online about how to live with people with varying issues and disorders. For the sake of your other characters, see if you can't find some good advice on how to live with a perfectionist.