Chapter 3

We were now walking out the house, rubbing our eyes since we slept in late at night to see Tom talking with Mr. Murtaugh.

"Listen. The missus and I are thinking of putting on a little spread today. Okay? Since the kids are getting along so well, why don't you and the, uh, gang come over to the Boulders for brunch?" Mr. Murtaugh said  as Tom started to make up an excuse.

"Cool. What time?" Sarah said to Murtaugh.

"Mimosas at noon on the dot!" Mr. Murtaugh yelled before running back to the water.

TIME SKIP

We now made it to the Boulders and was getting out the van as we gathered near the front door.

"Welcome to the Boulders!" Sarina yelled out with her arms out.

We all started to greet each other when Gunner jumps on Sarina.

"Honey. He's fine. Just let him play." Sarina said to Jimmy who was trying to get Gunner off.

"Honey, we don't want that animal near the dining set. It was a gift from the King of Thailand." Jimmy said, looking at us.

"Mark, there's a leash in the car. Get it." Tom ordered Mark as he ran to the car.

"Why don't we all go inside?" Sarina asked.

"Good idea, honey."

We were all heading inside when Elliot and Jake stopped Sarah and I.

"Hey, guys. Do you want to go to the Seadoo with Jake and I before we eat?" Elliot asked us as Sarah and I look at each other and shrugged.

"Sure." We said as Sarah and I went to the car's window to fix our hair.

"You coming or not, guys?" Jake asks, making us jump in surprise.

Jake gives me a smirk, making me blush as Elliot gives Sarah a smile.

"Yeah. Duh." We said, as I flipped my hair while Sarah spit on the ground.

TIME SKIP

Sarah and I were riding the jet skis as Jake and Elliot were sitting in the sun watching us.

Sooner or later, we were now getting dried for brunch.

The table was so clean and organized as we took our seats.

Everybody started to eat their food when they were interrupted by Kate in a appealing shirt that said "Hot Mama".

"Hey guys. No eating until we are all seated." Kate said, smiling awkwardly.

Tom begins to sit down when Jimmy said to sit next to Kate.

"No, Dad! Don't!" Sarah warned but it was too late. He was already sitting down.

"Oh! The seat cushion is soft." Tom said, with a smile.

Before you know it, the table starts to jump, making everybody jump as well as food started to fly everywhere.

The seat that I was on somehow broke and I fell backwards, my elbow grazing the floor.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Jake asked as he started to help me up.

"I'm fine." I replied with a smile.

I looked at my elbow to see it red with blood coming out.

I pretended to cover it like nothing happened as I stood up on my own two feet.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jake asked, looking at my hand covering my elbow.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I reassured him.

"Let me see." He said, giving me the look.

I roll my eyes before removing my hand to reveal the bruise and blood on my elbow.

"That's is not fine. Here." He said, giving me a napkin.

"Thanks."

Soon enough, we were all walking down the front steps of the Boulders, making our way to the van and back to the lake house.

TIME SKIP

We were now sitting down around the table eating our food when Tom walks up.

"Sarah, Elliot seems, uh, okay. I see why you like him." Tom said as Jake turns to Sarah.

"Somebody's turning red." He said with a smirk as I nudge him to shut up.

"You know, thanks a lot dad." Sarah said before running off.

"You had to say something, didn't you?" I whispered to Jake.

"What? It's not like you do the same thing when you're near me." Jake said with a smirk as I look at him with a smile.

"Shut up." I reply, nudging him again.

"I'll go talk to her." Kate said, setting down the food.

"Mom, let me do this, okay? Trust me, I got a little experience in the area of parental harassment." Lorraine said, before leaving to follow Sarah.

Soon enough, Lorraine comes back with an irritated look.

"'A'. I'm never trying to help her again... and 'B', I cannot wait to move to New York." Lorraine said, grabbing her water from her spot before walking off.

TIME SKIP

We were now gathered around Tom as he discusses the layout and plan for the Cup.

"From now on, no seeing the Murtaughs, no talking to the Murtaughs, no thinking about the Murtaughs." Tom said as he walked back and forth.

"Can't we compete, and still, like, see them?" Sarah asked.

"No! Right now, I am not a father. I am a coach and we're gonna be training twice a day, every day, starting outside in 10 minutes." Tom said as we all groaned.

10 minutes later, we were all doing workouts which includes, jumping jacks, push ups, etc.

Kim and Jessica we're practicing for the egg toss until they broke and left.

Jake and I were doing the three-legged race.

"Okay, it's a three-legged race. You will run as if you had two! On your mark, get set, go!" Tom said as Jake and I started to run but ended up falling.

We did it three more times until Jake landed on top of me as I groaned in pain from the contact to the ground.

"You okay?" Jake asked as I groaned in response.

"Yep. It would be better if you got off of me." I said as he got up and helped me up.

"Sorry."

We were doing jumping jacks again while yelling Murtaughs over and over again.

Tom was now teaching us how to play volleyball. We were trying to serve the ball but it keep hitting the net instead of over the net.

TIME SKIP

We were now surrounding the dinner table eating out food but nobody was talking.

"I really love having a family dinner where all you can hear is forks hitting the plates." Nora confesses.

"You know, this could be our last chance to be together, and you're totally ruining it. I'm glad we're moving to Houston...and so is Iron Mike or Donna Baker Butkus McNulty." Nora finally says before walking out the dinner table with Bud following after.

"Bulk up!" Tom said before we all finished our dinner and went to bed.