Hailey

Even though Katie and I ate half a box of pizza and it was only 11:35 pm I tell Katie we need some ice cream. In knowing my mom just got us three new containers of ice cream Katie and I shuffle down stairs to make a couple bowls. Double nut chocolate for me and Mint chip for Katie. We fight over on who gets the ice cream scooper first where I practically have to pry her to hand it over to me. Though she has a really good grip on it I struggle and by the force of who gets it first the scooper suddenly slips out of both our hands and crashes on the marble counter. Making the loudest of noise in a quiet kitchen.

We laugh uncontrollably where i barely can retrieve the spoon over the counter tops. "What the hell, Hailey what are you two doing?"

Grabbing the spoon now and putting it in the ice cream carton I see Jeremy who looks like he bolted out of his room from his down stairs bedroom. He's only a year older than me but acts like he is twenty five in this house hold. "Nothing." I assure him.

Katie is now busting up beside me trying to hold in her laughs where she holds her hands just above her mouth. I myself am having a hard time containing myself where I go down to the counter crouched over laughing into my inner arms. "Sorry, we were just messing around with the ice cream scooper." I can barely say scooper when another uncontrollable laughing spells comes out.

Jeremy looks at us like some young adolescence who has no control of anything and just shrugs it off. "Well next time try to be a little considerate that there other people in the house who could have though a burglar was in the house."

It's now Katie who has the urge to laugh hard and turns around facing the kitchen stove to not show her self. I get a little bit of my laughter under control and give him a thumbs up. "Yes sir, will do sir." After he slowly looks around the room he heads back to what I believe to his room. Katie turns herself around to me and we look at each other busting up again laughing. "Guess we should have been maybe a little quieter don't you think?"

"Yeah, probably so." Katie agrees letting me take over the ice cream situation. I pile our ice cream as high as I can as we like where I add some whip cream and with a little chocolate syrup on top. With knowing Katie's mom who loves to cook she has shown us what special ingredients that go real well together. And I have not been one to argue of what I've been shown. After a few attempts of squirting whip cream into each others mouths from the tin can we head back to my room.

It's 2:30 in the morning now and after an intense battle of going through my closet of clothes, two servings of ice cream we finally manage to crawl into my bed and talk about what is to come when we start school on Monday. "So wait, who do you have again for Math?" I wonder to Katie who is sitting up and against the head board while I'm laying flat on my back.

"I have Mr. Zevenberg, remember, the one we've heard rumors about how he has done some favoritism to students?" Her voice is quiet for I think she has reached her limit of being so tired she barely has any energy.

I'm biting my right index finger, my own thing I do when I get curious about something or nervous. Blame it on my dad who does the same thing from that's where I think I get the habit from. "Well I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors are true, I mean the guy seems pretty sketchy the way he even dresses if you ask me and besides if he's doing that, shouldn't he be turned in for that?" I tend to be a bit skeptical of people sometimes, I mean I don't meant to but when I get this vibe then I tend to always just stick to that and create this factor of them. Looking at Katie who seems to be glued in to what she's doing I change the subject a bit, more of a lighter topic. "So we only have lunch and what U.S. Geography together?" Glancing over at her she still sits quietly though with no words she just mumbles a faint yes. Which irritates me paying more attention to what she's doing. "What are you doing, that seems to be so much important?"

For the first time during this whole conversation she perks up her energy level and looks at me with her blue grayish eyes. "Nothing, I'm just working on my story is all."

I hike up now against the back board and try to get a sneak peak of it myself. "Can I read it?" But Katie pulls it away and smiles bashfully a bit. Which makes me even more curious. "What- but come on, aren't I your best friend? Don't you trust me?" I say a little offended.

"It's not that I don't trust you, it's just it's not ready yet and I want it to be fully complete and to my satisfactory before you do read it." Looking at me innocently to the side.

I grudge a bit with a soft sigh. "Why is it you have written this story for so long and I don't get to know anything about."

But she doesn't answer me and brings her shoulders up as if she isn't sure she knows herself. She writes a little more in the folder of hers as I to sly sneak over and catch a glimpse of any sentence I can read quickly. But she catches me and pulls the folder out of my view by pulling it to her far right. "Nice try." She smirks at me.

"UUUUGH fine, have it your way." I look away for a second looking at my now disastrous closet. "Well I guess this is it then."

Katie looks sharply away from her writing making her legs go flat that were once hunched over that held her papers. "What do you mean?" Knowing she didn't understand what I was meaning.

I tease my navy blue sheets picking at the little lint fuzz that constantly come off this bed a zillion times. "I mean this is the final stretch of freedom before our final year of school starts. Oh the possibilities and tasks we partake in."

Smiling widely and twirling her pen she chuckles. "Yup, and like every year it's all about us."