𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗠𝗦

✿

      why are you full of rage?
because you are full of grief.

          marlow isn't herself these days. her nights are spent curled in her bed, cradling a mug of coffee to her chest, so close that the heat turns her skin red. her insomnia had started recently and the caffeine coursing through her body certainly didn't help. these days she's as pale as a ghost and the dark bruising under her eyes is haunting. her hands tremble on their own accord and her own voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard. her friends have noticed too. they see the way her body lulls with fatigue and how having a conversation with her is like pulling teeth.

          that's why jessie suggests a grief support group. she has the best intentions but marlow already knows that this will drain her more. she knows that having to commiserate with all those people will only chip away at her being a little bit more, slowly but surely turning her hollow inside. she doesn't see how it will help. a room full of people whose sorrow weighs them down like an anchor, sinking to the bottom of the sea. and she knows what they'll all be thinking too; that they should've been the one to die. it would be easier that way.

          but when marlow does finally decide to go, she sees someone who is more of a ghost than even she is. he doesn't smile anymore—not like he used to at least—and when he does it's vacant, more placating than anything else. he always looked so out of place, like he didn't belong in this world without his other half. and admittedly it was strange for marlow to see him without his brother. she can only assume that this is why he will never be whole again. but being with george means no pitying glances or appeasing smiles, because he understands that marlow's still human (on her good days). there's no need to give condolences, just being there is enough. after all, misery loves company.

victoria pedretti ━ MARLOW WILCOX

victoria pedretti MARLOW WILCOX

victoria pedretti ━ MARLOW WILCOX

&&&

&&&

zazie beetz, toni ellis
oliver jackson-cohen, eagan wilcox
lily james, jessie covey
dylan mcdermott, leonard wilcox
orla brady, siobhan wilcox

          EVERYONE BLOOMS, the front bottoms.
USING, sorority noise.
RUN FROM ME, timbre timbre.
SUBCONSCIOUS COLLAPSE, spendtime palace.
          NODDING OFF (FUCKED/FINE),     the obsessives.
LOVERS ROCK, TV girl.
          SILK,     wolf alice.
          DRUNK DRIVERS/KILLER WHALES,     car seat headrest.
FREE AT LAST, PUP.
GETTING BETTER (OTHERWISE), the aubreys.

NOTE so this is set post-war and yes, fred is dead. sorry y'all. this is going to focus a lot on grief and the weird feelings surrounding loss, mostly as a way to cope with my own thoughts on death and mourning and such. i'm gonna try my best to keep things as canon as possible but this is kind of an au since it's post-war i guess so...

WARNING swearing, sexual references, drinking and drug use, mentions of death, scenes depicting death, etc.
(this is very much for a mature audience!)