48

K A R I N A

"D-Damn it.." Those were the only words that I could whisper to myself as tears continuously fell on my cheeks.

The only person that I trusted other than my family, she betrayed me.. She played me like an idiot all this time!

"Karina Unnie.." A very familiar voice called me from behind.

I was shaking and nervous. I didn't want to see her after that day, but she's here now.. The girl who I never thought could do all of this to me.

I looked back and I couldn't stop myself from breaking down even more. The pain and anguish that I felt were too much.

I ran to her and started hitting her countless times. "W-What right do you think you have to show your face in front of me, Santa?! Are you happy that you succeeded in hurting me and making a fool out of me?!"

"P-Please let me explain.." She said as she received my hits.

But what reason do I have to let her explain?! She f*cked up my life. She made me miserable when she shouldn't have just come into my life in the first place!

I didn't listen to her and continued lashing out instead. "Explain what?! What else do you have to say to me?! Isn't it enough that you completely deceived me for months?! So that's why every letter that I received sided with you, because you're the one who's writing it! Why the hell are you doing this to me?! I'm so tired of your lies, Winter!"

"Karina, Unnie please. I-I love you so much that I did all of this for you.." She was still trying to explain her side, but I refused to listen.

Until my last breath, I will not stop hurting her because that's the only way to make it even!

"Enough, Winter! You disgust me! Is this how desperate you are to become my girlfriend?!" I cried hard. "I know that I'm not the prettiest or smartest woman out there, but it doesn't give you the right to treat me this way!"

She was begging so much that she ended up kneeling on the floor. "U-Unnie, you have to hear me out.."

But why would I feel sorry for her?! For once, did she even feel sorry for me after all those days that I had no single clue about the truth?! She deserves all of this!

"To hear your what?! Your lies?! Well screw you and everything that you have to say! I'll never forgive you no matter what happens, Winter!" I grabbed her last letter for me and started tearing it into pieces in front of her. "F*ck all of these dear santa letters! F*ck everything that you have written!"

After that, I ran away from her as quickly as I could. She was apologizing non-stop, but I'm not going to get fooled by her anymore.

This is the end of my fantasy.. And as painful as it seems, I'm no longer the girl who will ever believe in Santa.

──×××──

"Karina, did you have a fight with Winter?" My Mom asked after knocking on my door.

My Dad and older brother are currently staying in Japan for our business. It's just me and Mom here right now.

I also no longer live in my apartment. I left it just like how I wanted to leave her and my memories in there.

"I don't want to talk about it right now, Mom. Please I want to be alone," I replied.

"If you say so.." After that, she stopped knocking and I heard her going down the stairs.

I can't do this.. how am I supposed to live my life? The fact that she fooled me all over again kills me inside.

She's even worse than my online boyfriend, because she killed me without even touching me. What did I do to deserve all of this pain?