CHAPTER SEVEN

Kiara’s POV

It has been a week since Charlotte left the hospital and her recovery time was unbelievable. The day after she came home we were already at the park and she was running around like a maniac, my maniac.

I haven’t seen Luke for almost the whole week and I’ve been feeling lonely. Michael hasn’t been around much either because he has been with Luke and Ashton and their other band mate Calum at the studio recording their new album.

I am so proud of them. I never would have guessed those four guys; I now call my best friends, would be travelling the world with sold out arenas and almost the whole world listening to their music.

I’m still confused about my feelings for Luke and it’s driving me crazy. I think me and Charlotte need to get away for a while. Maybe it will be a good way for me to clear my mind and for Charlotte to see some people that we haven’t seen in ages.

I was sat at my desk in my room looking at flights to Perth. The earliest flight that I would be able to make was tomorrow at 11:45AM. Yep, let’s take that one. I clicked on the link and ordered one ticket for myself seeing as Charlotte would be sitting on my lap the entire flight. Once the ticket was booked I made my way downstairs.

Charlotte was currently sleeping so the house was quiet and peaceful.

I plopped down on the couch and watched TV for a few hours. Those few hours consisted of F.R.I.E.N.D.S reruns.

It got to 2:30PM when my stomach started rumbling. I took that as my cue to get up and make myself some food. I walked into the kitchen and made myself a cheese toastie before walking back into the lounge room and continuing my F.R.I.E.N.D.S marathon.

*             *             *

I woke up to crying and I instantly shot up. Charlotte! I ran up the stairs and into her room.

“Shhh baby girl. It’s ok, mummy’s here” I assured her. I picked her up out of the cot and cradled her in my arms. I looked at my watch and saw that it was 3:24PM. I carried Charlotte downstairs and fed her some lunch before setting her down on the floor in front of the TV with ‘The Wiggles’ on.

I made my way upstairs into her room and started packing for Perth. I packed for at least a month. Who knows how long we are going to be there for. My cousin Troye was expecting me and Charlotte to be visiting soon so he was over the moon when I called him this morning confirming everything.

Troye was my 19 year old cousin. He was a world famous YouTuber and singer, known on YouTube as Troye Sivan. Even though he is only 15 months older than me, I feel like he is the older brother I never had. He is great with Charlotte and it’s only been 6 months since he came to Sydney.

Once I was done with Charlotte’s things, I started packing my own clothes. I was done by 4:45PM so that’s when I started cleaning the house. I started with my room, vacuuming the carpet, putting away the clothes that were scattered on the floor, cleaning my desk etc.

I then cleaned my bathroom, Charlotte’s room, vacuumed the whole of upstairs and then started downstairs, cleaning the kitchen, play room, theatre room, dining room, living room and then doing some laundry. I then went outside and packed up Charlotte’s toys, turned off the pool filter, covered the spa and locked the tree house.

Once everything was sparkling, I went and joined Charlotte on the floor in the lounge room watching the wiggles.

*             *             *

It got pretty late really quickly and Charlotte was peacefully sleeping in her room whilst I was lying on my bed, scrolling through twitter.

I was stalking my cousin’s twitter and saw that Vidcon started in two weeks. This is going to be one of the best Vidcon’s yet.