Marry your laptop

Khushi had spent most of her day that weekend muttering to herself about how Arnav was too busy for her these days. It was a Saturday, dammit! Surely, he could at the very least offer to spend the evening with her, maybe watch a romantic movie, go to the seafront for a dinner date even? Nope, not her Arnav. He spends more time with his laptop than with me these days, she thought while hanging his shirts in the bedroom.

Somewhat unable to focus with Khushi's muttering, and feeling ever so slightly guilty, Arnav shuts his laptop and calls out to his wife. "Khushi, c'mon stop pouting." Khushi squints her eyes and looks at him in anger, turns around and continues folding the clothes. Arnav tries again "I'm sorry my love, but you know how crazy it's been post all the ASR industries drama." Still nothing from Khushi. "Hmm does my wife miss me?" Arnav asks teasingly as he gets up and hugs her from behind. Khushi tries squeezing out of his tight hold but that scent, that damn scent of his always makes it hard for her to stand her ground as she closes her eyes taking him in. "No, no, not this time Khushi, don't give in to him", she thinks to herself while trying to escape his hold. "You please continue on your laptop, Arnav. Clearly that's more important to you than spending time with your wife. Matlab, shaadi hi kar lo apne laptop se", Khushi finally spat out. Geez. She actually sounded jealous of his laptop at this point. Arnav sighed, letting go of her as he turned her around to face him. "Khushi, creating Blue Velvet from scratch has been exhausting. The constant calls to suppliers and designers. Trying to arrange funds from investors. Every day, there's a new challenge thrown at me and I know, it's taken up all my time lately. I'm sorry for that. But you know, all of this is for you. I want nothing more than to build another empire like ASR Industries, no bigger than ASR Industries, and give you all the luxuries of the world." Khushi broke in to a smile, and looked him in the eyes before she said "I love you, Arnav. And I'm sorry, I know, I'm being selfish but just remember, this whole world of luxury means nothing to me without you in it." Arnav smiled back at her, and thought to himself, as he frequently does, about how he was so lucky to find this crazy, pagal, jhalli, but totally adorable woman whom he now calls his wife. His hands fall to her waist as he steps closer and leans in for a passionate kiss with his wife.

Arnav straightened up "Right. I'm booking us a reservation at Hakkasan for 8pm tonight. Be ready by 7:30. No buses or public transport tonight, we're going fancy and catching a cab." His last words didn't go unnoticed by Khushi. Times were a lot harder since he handed over the shares to his brother Akash, and in turn gave up a lot of of the luxuries he was used to. Arnav had his house but had to forego a lot of other things. Khushi chose not to let that ruin the moment as she jumped with glee "Chinese! My favourite! Arnav, I'm ordering 2 plates of dumplings tonight and I swear, I'm not sharing!" Arnav laughed at his crazy wife "hmm..i'm so full, I can't eat a single morsel more Arnav", he mimicked Khushi at their last outing and she delivered a rightful punch to him as he feigned his pain. "Just watch me tonight, Arnav!"

With that, Khushi grabs her towel to shower, while asking Arnav to think about what he wants for lunch meanwhile. Before Arnav gets the chance to open his laptop again, he gets a call from a private number. A call that was about to change everything.