Healing Memories (H20Vanoss)

In this story the Zora look a little more human than fish, I know, you can kill me later, but it's just to make the story a little more easier to write as I'm just leaving the imagination of the characters up to you. So please pardon this as I am just trying to write a one shot. Thank you for your patience, enjoy the first part of this oneshot.

Evan has traveled the farthest areas of Hyrule in search of his memories, but he was sure that his mission was clear: save Hyrule. Simple enough if you remember your past right? Wrong. When he woke up at the shrine of resurrection, he didn't remember anything. Now he was at the Zora's domain in search of the first divine beast, Vah Ruta, after running into Prince Lui and getting to know him. Currently he, the prince, and an elder zora named Muzu, were standing in front of a statue of a zora that died a long time ago. Prince Lui thought Muzu would be able to help Evan along his quest into saving Hyrule and their domain from the corrupted divine beast.

"Hmph. You came all this way here, but in vain," Muzu spoke disdainfully, "I have no desire to speak with you."

"Listen well Muzu," Lui spoke up, "There is something you need to know. He who stands here...The man called Evan...Is the one whom my brother, Jonathan, had feelings for."

Say what now?, Evan looked at Lui in confusion.

"I was an only child then, so I did not know it myself at the time. But it is so. I grew up hearing my father tell stories, some of which were about my brother's undying love for a Hylian named Evan."

"What?!," Muzu gasped, "No...You cannot fool me with such a faciful lie. Not this Zora! How could Lord Jonathan possibly have feelings for a Hylian like him?!"

Evan looked kinda crushed, looking down at his feet; this certainly didn't help him with his lost memories.

"The facts are clear. He remembers nothing. Even when he looks up at Prince Jonathan's statue..."

"It is the truth Muzu," Prince Lui defended, "Though you never knew it, he was ever in Jonathan's heart."

Evan looked up from Lui to the statue of Prince Jonathan, taking a good look at it. The zora had a mop of hair on his head, his blank eyes gazing down with a kind smile on his lips while holding a trident in his hands. He had jewelry decorating his body, along with a sash, and skort also decorated. He still had some fish appearances, but his human appearance was also visible. Evan felt something, and then, a memory hit him like a flash of light.

*flash back*

Vah Ruta stood in the middle of the lake, her trunk lifting into the air as Jonathan and Evan sat on the flat part. Jonathan was busy healing one of Evan's wounds from a fight, his hand hovering over the knight's arm while wisps of magic danced from the zora's fingertips.

"I was thinking...," Jonathan started speaking in his soft voice, "This reminds me of the time we first met."

Evan watched Jonathan silently do his magic, listening to him talk.

"You were just a reckless child...," Jonathan continued talking looking up at Evan once in a while with his brilliant blue eyes, "Always getting yourself hurt at every turn. Everytime I would heal you. Just as I'm doing right now."

The blue healing magic went over the cuts Evan received from his fight with the monster he was fighting, yet didn't show any pain on his face.

"I thought it was funny how, being a Hylian, you looked grown-up so much faster than I did," Jonathan began to speak more from his mind.

Evan noticed the zora look up again, but blush was lightly decorating his cheeks.

"I was...," Jonathan gulped a little, "I was always willing to heal your wounds. Even back then."