Part 23

The revelation 

A few days later, Garou arrives in Las Vegas. He and Céline meet in a house rented for the two of them.

G: - Hi, my love ....

C: - Hi, love, I'm glad you arrived.

They hugged each other tightly.

G: - I miss you ....

C: - Me too!

G: - So, what's happening? You look distressed ...

C: - We need to talk about a serious matter. I have something to tell you. Sit down for a while.

G: - Okay ... you can talk.

Céline took a deep breath. She was cold with nervousness. Standing in the middle of the room:

C: - I don't even know where to start ....

G: - From the beginning ...?

C: - What I'm going to tell you is going to change our lives. Completely. For better or worse.

G: - Wow, I'm getting scared.

C: - Yeah ... I'm ....... pregnant.

He froze, gaping.

G: - I don't understand you, you know. René is super sick. How do you do such a thing? Are you crazy?

C: - No, Garou, pay attention. I don't have sex with René for a long time already.

His countenance was beginning to change from incredulous to astonished.

C: - I'm pregnant, with you! I'm expecting your child!

He jumped off the couch.

G: - Are you serious?

C: - Of course I am! Do you think I was going to play with something like that?

He ran up to Céline, hugged her tightly, got up and spun her around the room.

C: - No, stop, stop! I'm going to throw up!

G: - Oh sorry! - laughing - I'm just so happy!

C: - I see. But then your child comes out of my mouth.

G: - My child .....

He runs his hand through her hair, strokes her face. Pull her up and kiss her with deep love.

G: - Thank you. Thank you. - kissed her hands. - And are you happy? You don't look happy.

C: - I am very worried. - spoke looking into his eyes - And very scared. Everything we will face because of it. It will be crazy. But I am happy, yes. It was what you always wanted, wasn't it? I think that suddenly this child came to break the inertia of our lives. To put things on the path they should have taken.

G: - I think so too. We will face many storms. But together we are strong. And we will be victorious. This love that we have will save us.

And they stayed together, embracing, enjoying the moment.

.....

Flagrant 

Arriving home, René intercepts Céline when she was about to go up the stairs. 

R: - You are arriving now, my love? Where were you?

C: - Oh, hi, René. Are you home yet?

R: - Yes, I arrived earlier. 

C: - Are you not feeling well? 

R: - I'm great! 

C: - Good, my love. - she gives him a kiss. 

R: - You didn't answer me. Where were you?

C: - Ah, I went to a friend's house.

R: - Friend? 

C: - Yeah.   

R: - What friend is that? The only friend you have lives here in the condo, its not necessary driving there....

C: - She's a friend, new, René, you don't know her. She lives in another condo.

R: - But why did you go alone? There was no driver. Did it take security?

C: - I didn't think it was necessary.

R: - And who is this friend, what is her name?

C: - Oh, dear, what a implication .... there's nothing much.

R: - I know, but I care about you. It is not good for you to walk around alone. And you also have to select your friendships very well. You are not an ordinary person.

C: - Tired of it. Excuse me, I'm going to my room. 

She started up the stairs, annoyed, but she felt very dizzy and fell. There were some steps. She reached the ground passed out.

R: - Céline, Céline, my love. - René desperate gave light slaps on her face, trying to make her wake up. - Linda, Linda! - he screams.

Linda arrives in exasperation in the room. 

 L: - What René, don't you feel well? 

When seeing the scene Linda gives a scream of horror. 

R: - Quick, call an ambulance. 

L: - Ambulance? 

R: - Yes, call for help. 

L: - No, ambulance, no! 

R: - What? Can't you see that your sister is passed out? What happened to you? 

L: - She will wakes up, right. It was just a drop in pressure ..... - kneeling on the floor next to Céline, rubbing her chest. 

R: - She fell and rolled down the stairs! If you don't call, I call myself.   

René got up and went to the phone. When the doctor arrived, Céline was lying in her bed, already awake. René at her side was watching her. Linda paced the room, like a trapped beast.

The doctor examined her by asking a few questions and came to her conclusions.

Dr .: - She is fine. - He spoke standing next to the bed. René a little more ahead of her. Linda further away. - The pressure is stabilized, the vital signs are okay. There was no break. Okay for now. But it is advisable to go to a clinic to do some tests. You need to assess if there was no brain concussion, and an ultrasound to check the baby.

René, without understanding very well, looked at the doctor in amazement, asking him:

R: - What baby?

Dr: - The baby she is expecting. She's pregnant. Don't you know?

-------------

Please comment...