To Save a Life

Lt. Colonel Ned Shanon paced back and forth in front of General George Hammond's desk. The door opened and he looked up, still pacing. "What can I do for you son?" General Hammond asked, as he seated himself behind the desk.

"My daughter Sir, she's dying" Ned said coming to a stop.

"I'm very sorry to hear that." Hammond said a sympathetic light coming into his eyes. "Are you requesting leave then?" He asked, "If so you can have it."

"No Sir, that's not why I'm here. But thank you for your sympathy."

"Then why are you here?" Hammond questioned his eyes locked on Ned's.

"I'm here Sir, because I want to save her life." Ned replied as he leaned closer to George.

"And just how do you propose we do that, son?" Hammond asked rising from his chair.

"I want to contact the Tok'ra, I want to tell them that I have a host for them." Ned said, an eager tone coming into his voice.

"Son, I'm-" Hammond started before he was cut off by lights blaring and voice coming in over the speaker saying.

"Incoming traveler!!" Ned and Hammond looked at each other and rushed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who is it?" Hammond asked.

"It's the Tok'ra Sir," a young woman replied reading the incoming signal.

"Open the iris!" Hammond shouted, rushing down to the Gate room, followed quickly by Ned and behind them SG1.

"Dad!" Samantha Carter yelled. Running up and giving her father a hug as reached them. "It's good to see you!"

"It's good to see you too, kiddo." Jacob Carter said returing his daughters hug. "George," he said shaking Hammond's hand. "Jack, Teal'c, Daniel." He said in greeting shaking each of their hands in turn. "And you are?" Jacob asked as he got to Ned.

"Lt. Colonal Ned Shanon, SG8" Ned said. Quickly saluting Jacob.

"Nice to meet you kid." Jacob said. "But I'm afraid I'm here on some not so pleasant business." Jacob said.

"What is it Dad?" Sam asked. "It's not the Gaou'ld?"

"No, it's not that." Jacob said. "Perhaps Selmak, could explain it better." He lowered his head and when he raised it again he spoke in a different voice. The voice of his symbiote Selmak. "I'm afraid we've come for you to hold up your end of the bargain." Selmak's deep voice started.

"Our end of the bargain?" Daniel Jackson said, obvious question in his voice.

"Yes." Selmak said, "the Tok'ra are in need of a host, one of us has been killed and the symbiote is in need of a host or it will die."

"Well, it's not quite that easy...you see we've got to find someone willing first of all." Daniel started.

Ned sucked in a breath, he and Hammon exchanged a look. Which did not escape O'Neill's attention. "You guys gonna tell us what you're thinking?" He asked, looking at Ned and then Hammond.

"Shanon came to me just a couple of minutes ago and insisted that he wanted to speak to the Tok'ra."

"May we ask why?" O'Neill said cutting in.

"I'm getting to that, Son" Hammond said, looking at Jack.

"Right, sorry" O'Neill muttered.

George turned his attention back to Selmak, "His daughter is dying,"

"Oh my" Sam and Daniel said at the same time.

"Is it Evelyn?" Sam asked looking at him. Ned nodded.

Selmak turned to look at Ned. "And you think she would be willing to be a host to Alasia."

"Alasia?" Ned asked.

"Yes, that is the name of the Tok'ra, she normally takes female hosts...this may work out well. But we must hurry, Alasia grows weaker the longer we wait and if she must also heal your daughter...then we must hurry." Selmak lowered his head. And Jacob resumed speaking. "How old is she and what's she got?" He asked looking at Ned.

"She's 17 and she's got cancer." Ned said, taking in a shaky breath.

"Good, she's young. We need to get to the hospital. The sooner we get her to the Tok'ra planet the sooner both of them can be saved. Permission to leave George?" He asked looking at Hammond.

"Permission granted." Hammon said nodding. "SG1 I want you to accompany Ned and his daughter through the Stargate."

"Sir?" Ned asked "Do I have permission to tell my wife what's going on?"

Hammond nodded.

"Thank you Sir," Ned said following Jacob out.

"God speed." Hammond said behind them as the rest of SG1 followed them out of the Gate room and to the hospital.

Splitजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें