Chapter 10: Help Me

"T-They'll kill me if I tell you..." his body was shaking once more. The tone of his voice laced with fear.

His family will kill him?

"...they will kill me just like they did with my parents." Ashton continued. His eyes a little puffy red from crying earlier.

He was still wrapped in my embrace, I can feel his body still trembling in fear.

I felt bad for Ashton. His own family threatened to kill him and even murdered his parents.

I never knew such a wealthy high class family could hide such dark secrets.

His family must be deranged.

Ashton's eyes became teary once again and he started to cry.

He placed his head on my chest and started to wail. I could feel his teardrops staining my clothes wet once again.

"Even if I tell you just now.. they'll kill you too. I don't want to lose you!" Ashton exclaimed.

He embraced me tightly as if I was going to fade away.

"It's okay." I patted his back gently.

Due to our close distance I could feel his heart beating.

His head is on my chest therefore he could probably hear my heart beat too..

My heart was beating fast for some reason..

He stopped sobbing and rested himself there for a while.

"You must think I'm pretty weak for crying in front of you like this.." Ashton mumbled.

"I think guys who cry are truly brave because they aren't scared to show off their true emotions." I comforted him by rubbing his back.

"That feels good.." Ashton closed his eyes.

Wait?! Is he going to sleep?

"Don't sleep! You haven't drove me home yet!" I said jokingly while handing him a handkerchief.

He wiped his eyes then blew on it before heading back to the driver's seat.

"One day.. at the right time I'll tell you myself." Ashton bowed down his head for a moment before proceeding to drive.

He can't tell me right now apparently.

His family will kill the both of us if their secret got out.

The thought of being murdered brutally along with Ashton made me tremble in fear.

Ashton continued to drive until we reached my house.

"We're here. Thanks for driving me home." I raised the car door and got off.

Ashton looked at me for a moment, still looking sad.

"As long as I'm here, I won't let anything happen to you." Ashton said before driving away at a fast speed.

Well his car is very fast anyway.

I went inside my house to see my mother and father preparing for dinner.

"You've come at the right time." Said my father who just finished arranging everything on the table.

I sat down on the chair with my parents.

My mom was smiling for some reason.

Is she happy about something? Did something good happen?

My father had a smirk instead.

"I made Bourbon Pecan Chicken which I learned how to make from a friend." My mom said.