antebellum

an·te·bel·lum
/ˌan(t)ēˈbeləm/
adjective
occurring or existing before a particular war

an·te·bel·lum/ˌan(t)ēˈbeləm/adjectiveoccurring or existing before a particular war

FORKS

when they had the chance, bree, trevyn and jaxen ran into the direction where they guessed the cullen house would be. they fed on a few bears along the way since they didn't have much food in their bodies.

trevyn was a little bit ahead before she was paused and sniffed. "you guys smell that?" bree nodded and turned into the direction sprinting off with the other 2 teens following her.

half a mile later they found a house in the woods that had the sweet scent of a cold-one. "i think this is it." trevyn said. she walked to the front of the house.

just as bree raised her hand to knock, but the door swung open and they were pulled into a hug. "you're here!" a girl, slightly taller than trevyn, said with a gleeful tone.

"uh hi? who are you?" trevyn asked patting the girl on her back. "i'm alice cullen, and you guys are trevyn and jaxen montgomery and bree tanner. im so glad you're finally here!"

the pixie like vampires dragged the trio into the house where 5 other vampires stood, and one measly human. "alice, they're still newborns, it's not safe for bella."

'alice' turned to the bronze haired vampire and placed her hands on her hips, "they aren't attacking her, are they?" he didn't say anything just brought 'bella' closer, staring at jaxen.

"okay, they don't want bella, but what about the students coming tonight for a party you're throwing?" an older blonde said and alice's eyes glazed over.

"we can leave. head up to the mountain, eat a few bears." jaxen spoke up. his sister and bree nodded, "we could also just walk around the woods, get a feel for the environment."

this time jasper spoke up, "you're gonna need to be here tomorrow for trainin'. you're still newborns and have the most strength out of anyone here, not to mention you're going up against the same people you've been living with for the past week."

trevyn looked to the wall, admiring the little shapes in the paint. she put her hand on it and a small portion around the point where he finger touched iced.

she yelped and backed away, catching the attention of carlisle and esme. "little one has a gift." the big burly one, emmett, chuckled. his wife, rosalie, saw the panic on trevyns face and wrapped her arm around her.

"i- i didn't mean to. im sorry." carlisle just shook his head, "you didn't hurt anything. rose, you and emmett take them to the denalis."

rose nodded and she and emmett ushered the trio of teens to the car.

ALASKA

when the group of 5 arrived, the denali clan was outside waiting. "these are our cousins, tanya, kate, irina, carmen and eleazar. eleazar can sense your gifts." emmett said as he opened the door and got out.

"alice told us you guys were coming, mentioned something about newborns?" irina said. the denalis walked closer to the car and trevyn, jaxen and bree got out.

"we need to know their gifts. they've just came to us today." rosalie said, her eyes casting over to eleazar. he nodded and stepped slightly closer.

he faced jaxen, "lie detection. he can sense when he's being lied to, also taking notes of facial changes and body movement." he turned to bree, "outcome manipulation. you can change how something happens if you concentrate." he then turned to bree, "elemental manipulation. you can control the elements. air, wind, water and fire. your body will favor one once you've maintained control."

the teen-trio turned to each other with smirks, "good shit dude."