XII

It's been days since Taehyung has been discharged from the hospital. His parents are now back in Daegu and he promised to visit more often. Maybe one of these days, he should. He needs a break anyway.

Everything seems to be back to normal now except that Jimin being away from him has been part of the normalcy that he very much detests. At least when he was in the hospital, Jimin would come to visit but now, he'd be lucky if the other would send him a text. He was always the one to initiate the conversation and sometimes he can't help but feel that he's being a nuisance especially in times when Jimin would keep his replies short or even leave him on read.

He wonders what Jimin is doing. He wants to know if he ate, he wants to make sure that Jimin is sleeping well. He wants to hear how his day was. Taehyung wants a lot of things from Jimin apparently.

He thought of plans on how to court Jimin, typing it down his computer while searching for spots he can take him to. He may have searched for a "HOW IT WORKS" article about snatching the love of your life on Google and Taehyung has never felt so ridiculous. He used to be so carefree when it comes to Jimin but now, all things have turned into a completely different direction. He wants things to be perfect because that's what Jimin is for him. That's what Jimin deserves.

While he continues browsing the internet searching for ideas, he decided to go on Twitter to update his fans. Usually, he would just tweet and exit, not really caring much about what's happening or what's the trend because the lesser he knows, the more peaceful his life is, but this time, he decided to scroll through his feed because yes, he is that bored and that's when he saw a video posted by Jungkook.

The thumbnail shows Jimin and Eunwoo. The sight is enough to cause Taehyung's jealousy to pop out in the open although he wasn't really the type back in the day. He is well aware that Jimin is free to entertain other men but the knowledge doesn't make it any easier to see.

He clicked play and watched the two dance to a western song for no longer than a minute. It was a dance challenge that has gone viral apparently. It was cute and fun to watch, no wonder why it has garnered a lot of views. He caught himself smiling as a matter of fact.

At the end of the video, Jimin promoted his Youtube channel which surprised Taehyung a lot. He's been talking to him all this time and never was it mentioned by Jimin— not even once. He sensed a pang of disappointment and sadness at the notion. He missed the days when Jimin would tell him everything, now he isn't sure where he stands. With that, he closed his laptop, laid on the bed and ogled on the ceiling until he drifted to sleep.

Jimin reached for his phone and saw the text message from Taehyung.

"Congrats, Jiminie! Your video went viral! You're amazing as ever!"

For a second, he tried to remember if he mentioned his plans but he couldn't recall anything. He has been so busy coming up with steps and shooting it with Jungkook for his channel that he seemed to have forgotten to share it. Anyhow, he responded with the text and thanked him. Maybe a little too polite, but the thought was definitely there.

~

Taehyung woke up with renewed enthusiasm. He promised to step up his game and was determined to win his mission of wooing Park Jimin.

First, he sent flowers with a congratulatory message and Jimin's favorite chocolates which was appreciated.

During the night, he would drop by just to hand over the food that he bought for the other and would leave immediately. Taehyung refused to have it delivered straight from the restaurant because he makes sure to put notes, with either a pick-up line or a poem.

Tonight, he bought pork tonkatsu, kimchi stew, and egg rolls for Jimin. He pressed the doorbell and was surprised that the door opened instantly.

"J-Jimin? Hi."