5. The news

'Good things comes to those that are patient no matter what goes on in life"

I gave Justin the directions of my house as I sat shaking slightly at the events that happened a hour ago. Justin looked over at me and gave me a warm smile which made me flutter inside. I shook my head when he looked away.

I can't get distracted.

I'm not risking his life.

Most of all, I need to stay away from him.

I gritted my teeth at the thoughts swirling around my head. Whatever I do my life is not normal. I had a past with a criminal who just threatened me a hour ago, I have messed up feelings for a guy I just met and I'm in the public eye which makes the whole thing worse.

Don't get me wrong, I'm blessed with the life I have now. This was and is my dream. Travelling the world, meeting loads of people and doing what I love best: modelling.

Think positive.

I shook away the negative thoughts just as my phone rang. I looked at my screen and smiled when I saw my manager Sam calling.

"Hello Sammy boy," I cheerily greeted him as I relaxed slightly.

"Hey Sky, guess what? I've got great news, this is going to be big for your career," he told me quickly excitement clear in his voice.

"What is it?" I questioned my heart beating fast on what he could say.

"Well you know there's this major fashion show this December? A Victoria's Secret one to be exact?" He said as I widened my eyes, he isn't going to say what I think he's saying.

"Go on," I told him I was practically jumping with joy as Justin raised his eyebrows at me and I shot him a excited smile as he shook his head chuckling.

"I had a word with the producers and some people and they would love the idea if you could take part in the show, if you don't want to that's fine I just know your career could benefit from this and so-" he rambled on nervously.

"YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME," I interrupted him squealing with joy.

"What? Is that a yes? I will phone them up now if you are okay with it?" He said as I couldn't stop smiling at what was happening.

"YES OF COURSE IM OKAY WITH IT, I WOULD LOVE TO TAKE PART," I screamed down the phone at him as I heard him laughing at my reaction.

"That's great I'll phone them up and I'll send you details about the upcoming show this December very soon so you can start rehearsing." He told me as I said a quick goodbye to him still squealing.

"Someone looks very happy," Justin teased.

"You'll never guess what news I just received." I told him happily.

"You are going to be on the cover of vogue with me," he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Hell no, I wish about the cover of vogue bit but not with you," I laughed as he pouted playfully.

He's just too cute.

"Tell me, I need to know whatever it is that's making you look like you are going to wet yourself," he looked at me waiting for a answer.

I shoved him when I heard what he said shaking my head smiling.

"I'm going to take part in this years Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, this is so unbelievable," I told him laughing as his eyes widened slightly.

"Seriously? Woah damn I wasn't expecting that," he smirked looking at me up and down as I blushed under his gaze.

"Yeah but somehow I'm kind of nervous, this could be great for my career and I can't mess it up," I mumbled looking down thinking of all the possibilities that could go wrong at the night of the Fashion Show.

"Hey," Justin held my chin up slightly with his fingers so I could look at him in the eyes resulting my stomach doing backflips which did not help at all.

"Don't worry about anything, all I know is that you are going to smash it even if you're wearing a bit of lace," he whispered smirking.

I shoved him hard as he yelped.

"Great way to change the mood Bieber," I crossed my arms scowling at him.

"Not my fault you are irresistible," he groaned rubbing his arm as I rolled my eyes blowing him a kiss.

The car door opened next to Justin by the driver and I realised we arrived at my house. Justin got out as I followed him thanking the driver who smiled at me.

Justin's phone beeped indicating he has a message as I went to unlock the front door to my house.

"Skylar I better go, Scooter needs me for something," he looked at me apologetically as I nodded.

"No problem," I smiled at him as he waved at me going inside his car as I went inside my house sighing.

It's not like I'm going to see him again, I should be happy because it would now be easier to not get him involved in my life but I can't help this sad feeling run inside me clouding my thoughts.

I went into the living and saw my mum sitting on the sofa reading a book. She noticed me taking her reading glasses off, patting the spot next to her.

"Hey mum," I greeted her lazily as I sat on the sofa next to her putting my feet up onto the small table as my mum smacked my legs off with her book.

"Skylar," she tutted but she was smiling at me.

"Do you want to go to the mall with me later to get a outfit for that dinner I told you earlier?" She asked placing her book in the table in front of her as I nodded agreeing.

I could use some mother and daughter bonding time with her seeing as we haven't had one in so long.

"Great, why don't you get changed now into something casual and meet me near the front door?" She stood up walking out the living room as I followed her mumbling a reply.

I walked upstairs and into my bedroom taking my jacket off placing it on my bed. I got out the small card from my pocket which the women gave me earlier and placed it into my drawer making a mental note to check it out when I get back.

Going to my wardrobe I picked out my black vest top, a white and black long cardigan, with black jeans and brown cowboy style boots. I got changed then I grabbed my phone and purse heading downstairs.

I went outside and saw my mum waiting in her Range Rover. I got in the front seat putting my seat belt on.

"You ready to go?" My mum said and I nodded as she drove of to the direction of the mall.

I put the music up on the radio when a old spice girls song came up and I sang along really loud as my mum laughed joining in.

I felt relaxed, more comfortable than I've ever been in my whole life.

It felt great.