OS n°1 : Creepypasta

Summary: For some time now, Tsuna has not been able to sleep. But why?

-----      

   Alone under the dark sky, Reborn was still walking in the garden at the back of the Vongola mansion.

   It was the time of day he enjoyed the most: : already, there were no people going around him. Also, he liked the night more than the day - the best thing for a user of the sun's flame to prefer the lunar star - ; there was less visibility at night, being able to hide it better in the scenery, perfect for a hitman like him. And at the same time as his little night stroll, he was making sure that the mobsters who are in charge of watching the slightest noise and gesture were still awake - beware of those who were not... -.

   However, on the first night when it started to get really cold, Reborn didn't think it was reasonable to stay outside for long if it was only to catch a cold afterwards, so he came home earlier than usual.

   As he walked through the lobby of the mansion, he noticed that Tsunayuki wasn't in bed yet either. She was wearing a big white dressing gown over her pajamas, and she was sitting on the sofa that served as a reception area, with a cup of hot tea in her hands. Despite the late hour she was up, she seemed to be terribly tired.

   The two looked at each other for a few moments before they spoke at the same time:

   "What are you doing here?"

   Decima laughed in her cape as the hitman let out a sigh.

   "I'm doing my rounds of the garden as usual" the man replied. "And you ?What are you doing here? Are you waiting to die on the couch to get into bed or what ?"

   "I... I just can't sleep, that's all," the young woman defended herself.

   Reborn nodded silently before sitting down next to her shamelessly. Nearby, he smelled of chamomile and orange blossoms, plants known to have soothing properties that would promote sleep - but apparently it had no effect on Tsuna -.

   "I thought you've been lacking energy for your paperwork lately... well, more than usual, I mean," he added under the irritated gaze of his student. "Maybe it's simply because you're not getting enough sleep."   

   "Did you come to reprimand me ?" she wanted to know.

   "Well... no, not necessarily. What's keeping you awake ? You found a boyfriend and you don't have time to rest ?"  

   "If it's just to make completely stupid remarks, you can go to bed," she answered without raising her voice.

   She was now used to that kind of humour - as black as his crow's hair - and she was getting less and less angry, even if she occasionally blow a fuse again.

   But now, Tsuna didn't have the strength to get angry again. Nor the desire to be alone ; as the hitman was about to get up, the Decima gently held his sleeve, without having the strength to look him in the eye. The hitman let another sigh escape and settled more comfortably on the couch.

   "Well, what's the problem, then ?" he asked.    

   "Ano... uh...," Tsunayuki stammered.

   "A boss doesn't hesitate, Dame-Tsuna," he recalled for the umpteenth time.

   "I'm just looking for my words, that's all !" she raved. "Do... do you remember the night of Halloween, a month ago ?"     

   "Of course ; I don't have Alzheimer's yet."     

   "But hey, you weren't with me... at one point, we started talking about scary stories." 

   "Nothing scary so far. What happens next ? Was there an assassination attempt ? Did you go trick-or-treating like any good child would ?" He smiled sarcastically.