38. Whosing Town

Chapter thirty-eight:

"Do you have to break your arm every time you come here?" Cyra groaned as Ceilani popped her arm back in its place. Cyra was positive that her forearm bone was broken but with some rest, it would heal in a day or two. Ceilani's cat, Calix jumped on her and she caught it, her reflex kicking in, before it could headbutt her and it started licking her arm. Cyra softly smiled at it.

"No. There's another way into this town. But it's a longer way which would've taken us another day to get here and the way was through the field of flowers," Ceilani carefully dropped her arm back to her side. The Witches usually preferred that way; they could walk through the beautiful flowers and absorb the power while being surrounded by the sweet nectarine of magic.

"Dumb ass," Cyra muttered, glaring at Djo.

"Don't look at me. You pulled me down from the cliff," he raised his hands in mock surrender.

"Doesn't mean you had to fall on top of me and break my arm, genius."

"Whatever. Look we have to get going. I don't think it's safe here for a werewolf to be roaming around in the open," Djo said looking around and making sure nobody was around.

"I agree. Come, we should get moving. But first," she took a hold of her hands and rubbed the pollen from the foringaelo flowers, she had gathered in their free fall, on Cyra's wrists and then on her neck. "The magic of the flower should be able to cloak your scent."

Cyra gagged at the smell that was invading her nostrils brutally, burning them.

"Rub the pentacle," Ceilani nonchalantly said, waving her hand in the air.

Cyra did as she was told and looked around. The place was open, now brightly lit with the morning sun. The sky was a clear blue and the clouds were sparse. She could still see the faint twinkling of the stars here and there. The ground before them was a green meadow covered in tall grass. A few lavenders and mustard plants and daisies were here and there. The butterflies and bees made nature before her look picturesque and somehow, out of character. This was not how she had visualised Whosing Town at all and she said so to the two of the Witches with her.

"Well, we have to walk two more miles before we actually get into the main part of the town. This is still the outskirts," Ceilani rubbed the back of her neck and flashed the two of them a smile.

Djo groaned, thoroughly exhausted. He hadn't walked this much in his entire life! His cousin had made him walk for nearly a day straight without any breaks at all.

The two women ignored him and trudged on parting a way between the tall grass and walking on, the cat still resting comfortable on Cyra as she cradled it carefully in her arms. "Hey, Ceilani, why did you name him Calix?" She scratched the gray cat behind its ear making it purr.

"It means handsome in Greek."

Cyra looked surprised but then she studied the cat's face and nodded her head in approval.

"Okay, so we will go to this bed and breakfast near the market. I always go there whenever I come here and it's safe and quite a distance from the High Witches. We should be fine," Ceilani said after a while of silence and the sound of rustling leaves. "Hide the book." Cyra looked down at the book she was clutching in her hand and pushed it up her pullover, balancing Calix with one hand.

The town was now in their sight. There were people bustling about as waffles and chatter filled the air. The place was a beautiful display of vibrant colours, Mediterranean houses with exotic shops selling things Cyra couldn't even recognise. The people themselves were clad in extravagant clothes. Cyra hadn't seen people this well dressed even to the parties and these people were just looking beautiful, haggling over commodities. The stalls were brimming with things that ranged from gold and silver to emeralds and pearls. She could see a shop with expensive looking silk and satin. But most of the shops were selling things she couldn't even recognise. A few of them were just empty hard and the other few had a type of grass and leaves. There were empty glass bottles that had flowers growing in them. Then there were huge jars with potions and powders along with other equipments. Cyra saw wide-eyed at the two shops that were selling venomous looking snakes and rats. She quickly looked away when she felt like the red eyes of the rodent were looking back at her.