The "Pep Rally"

Addison's P.O.V

As I finally snuck back into my house I slummed onto my pastel blue bed covers.

I had just asked a zombie of all creatur-people,  to come to my human only party. Mind you it was going to be packed with people who probably kill zombies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! I wanted to get Bree's opinion on my horrible decision but of course phones don't work during the apocalypse.

I looked up at the ceiling and wondered if Zed would even come. Why would he though? He met me yesterday and I already disappointed him once.

As I was thinking I also wondered why I cared so much about what a zombie thought of me. Strange right? Maybe because he's my only zombie friend at the moment... At the moment!? That meant I was planning on having more zombie friends!? I quietly laughed to myself as I thought of Bucky's reaction to all my zombie friends. Someday, maybe... Just not today.

I suddenly heard a knock on my door, I sat up and standing at my door, it was Bucky. He saw me covered in blood (I didn't have any spare clean clothes left so I had to wear my old bloody uniform from the day before.) My uniform still had a part of the sleeve scratched off, back from when I first met Zed.

"I see your up early, cuz." Bucky said "And you look, disgusting."

I sighed at the comment then responded.

"Good morning to you too, Bucky." I said, annoyed

Bucky looked at my hair questioningly and then spoke.

"Why are you wearing your wig so early..?" Bucky asked

"Since when do you care!?" I snapped back

Bucky rolled his eyes.

"Nevermind then." Bucky said "Don't forget about the party tonight, you can bring Bren or whatever her name is."

"It's Br-" I started

"Don't care!" Bucky interrupted "I'm going to gaze upon my stunning reflection. Have fun staring at your ceiling."

Before I could say a word, Bucky already left my room and closed the door behind him.

"How am I suppose to tell him I invited zombies to the party..." I mumbled to myself

Zed's P.O.V

"Zed, you can't be serious are we actually going to a dumb cheerleader filled party!?" Eliza asked

"Lighten up, Eliza. Cheer is contagious!" I said

"So is pink eye." Eliza snapped back "And besides, with all this blood flying around by the time we get there we'll be covered in blood!"

I looked down at my clothes and just as Eliza said, I was covered in blood.

"Well, it makes us look all cool and apocalyptic like." I replied

"Yeah well I have a slight feeling that the humans won't think well of it, but what do I know...?" Eliza said before crossing her arms

Addison's P.O.V

I fixed up my partially blood covered cheer uniform as I looked in the old cheer room mirror.

All the cheerleaders from Bucky's old team (our team before the zombies reached our area) were getting prepared. We were finally going to cheer again and everyone was super excited. Technically, it was a pep rally to make us confident so we could kill more zombies but I'll just ignore that...!

I still thought of my invite to the zombies but there was no way zombies would be at the pep rally.

"There are zombies at the pep rally!" Bree exclaimed

Bucky looked over and saw the zombies then turned to me.

"They won't hurt us, Bucky." I said hesitantly "And they deserve to be here."

The zombies were covered in blood so it didn't really support my answer.

Bucky looked mad for a second then calmed down.

"Lacey, Stacey, Tracey, get the spirit sticks..." Bucky said

Spirit sticks? I guess that doesn't sound to bad..?

We went along with our routine then Bucky said something to the Acey's. Bucky, Lacey, and Stacey continued with the routine but Tracey and a few other cheerleaders went off to the side. When the cheerleaders returned they had sparklers in their hands.

"It's time to turn up the heat." Bucky said while holding a sparkler

Zed's friend yelled out "Fire!"
Just before I could say something, someone tossed me up on the air to go along with the routine.

I heard screams and shouts but couldn't see a thing. Though I was bracing for the impact of the hard ground someone still caught me. When I landed I was in Zed's arms

"Zed?" I started

Before Zed could answer the coach of our old football team stood up

"You, me, we need to talk!" Coach said