Graduation

Today was the day I graduated from training. It was awesome. Everyone's parents and families were there, but mine wasn't. Like I said, they disowned me and they didn't want anything to with me anymore.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the 12th class of 2024!" The crowd roared with applause as I stood there smiling, proud of myself for making through the whole three years. In the crowd, I saw the Major and Mr. Aramaki coming up the stage to choose who will join Section 9.

"We have decided. The person to join us is..."

I was desperate for the answer, I wanted to be a part of them.

"...(Y/N) (L/N) from West Tokyo, Japan!" Some people were cheering while most of the people in the crowd were booing at me. "(Y/N). Would you like to say a few words?" I was shocked. I had to come up and say something.

"To be honest, while all of you hate me for sure I know, I joined this because I wanted to redeem myself. I didn't want to be a part of a life in a gang and be criminal anymore. All of you might boo me and that's fine. But don't think that this is a lie. Think of this as a path to becoming a better person. I hate my old self. I still do. If you can just give me a chance to give back to the community, I'd personally be very grateful. Thank-you."

The crowd cheered for me. Not just some people but almost the entire audience!

At the graduation party, Motoko hugged me as Aramaki, Batou, and some other operatives came to congratulate me. "Congratulations. This is a very big deal." "Thank-you sir." "(Y/N), I want you to meet some dear friends and colleagues of mine: Ishikawa, Bouma, Saito, and Togusa. They are all members of Section 9." "It's an honor to meet all of you." "Same here." A photographer came up asking for a picture and we had to oblige. I wrapped my arm around Major as she did around me. They took the picture and I did one with Aramaki, and the others.

Somehow in the corner of my eye, I saw Hibako! He was here?! "Hibako!" "(Y/N)!" We walked up to each other, laughed, and hugged. "Congrats man!" "Thanks. It's been three long years and it's official. I'm a part of Section 9!" "Wow! Good for you man. Can I meet them?" I looked back to see Aramaki giving me a smile and a nod. "Sure. Of course."

I brought him over and he was delighted to meet Mr. Aramaki. "Hibako, I want you to meet Mr. Aramaki, the head of Section 9, Major Motoko Kusanagi, Batou, Ishikawa, Boma, Saito, and Togusa." "Glad to meet you all." They both shook hands as he gave Major a kiss on her hand. She blushed as she looked beautiful in her dress tonight. They all shocked hands as I saw Major looking at me with a sadistic smile. "Are you okay, Major?" "Yeah. I'm fine. Can I speak to you in private?" "Sure."

Major and I were alone in the front of the building and she wanted to talk to me. "Listen, (Y/N). I know that you just graduated and you're a little younger than me, don't think I'm weird at all. I feel like I'm having a crush on you." "What? Why? What?" I was confused. Was she really having a crush on me? A former criminal now turned Section 9 member? And a Major who's probably in her late twenties and going into her thirties? I don't know how to respond to that! Isn't this illegal? "The truth is, I felt so sorry for you when I first saw you. I thought I could have you move in with me so you wouldn't be homeless again."

Move in? With her? How can I say "no" to that?! "Major, I would love to move in with you, but it all depends on how Aramaki would hear about this." "I already talked with him about it. He approved. Maybe after you moved in, how about we get to... know each other a little bit more?"

I knew what the Major meant: she wants to sleep with me. A young man sleeping with a slightly older woman?! Sorry Major. I'll move in, but I cannot sleep with you. "Major, as much as I appreciate you offering me to move in, I will, but we cannot date." I saw the sad eyes on her face she was disappointed. "However," I said without knowing. "If things do go the way you plan, I'll consider it." What was I saying! I didn't want to say it but I did! I'm such a fucking idiot! "Thank-you (Y/N). I'm glad you'll consider being my boyfriend." "Yeah."

I still regret saying it.