05|Berserkers

A few weeks had passed and during that time Scott and the other sophomores, except Lydia, were quarantined in the school whilst they were doing their exams.

Apparently, it was another assassination attempt and there was a virus created that would kill werewolves.

Now, Ava is at Scott's house with him, Stiles and Kira.

"Is three enough?" Kira asks as they have laptops spread out on the table.

"Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so." Stiles said.

"Are we really doing this?" Ava asks them.

"We're doing it. Tonight." Scott said.

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?"

"It's incredibly dangerous. And borderline idiotic." Stiles tells her.

"Have you guys done something like this before?" Ava asks nervously.

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?" Stiles asks.

"I think it's a yes to both." Kira tells the other girl sympathetically.

"You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to." Scott tells Ava.

"I'm not scared." Ava tells them.

"Then you're borderline idiotic." Stiles tells her as he taps her shoulder.

"If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" Stiles asks.

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?" Kira asks.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required." Scott explains.

"Simon said the same thing." Stiles said. "He couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

Simon was the man who tried to kill Stiles and the others when they were in quarantine.

"So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?" Scott explains.

"You don't get paid." Ava and Kira said at the same time.

"But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?" Ava asks.

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead." Scott said.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list." Stiles said.

"So if he wants visual confirmation..." Ava starts.

"He's gonna have to come get it himself." Scott finished.

The plan was for Kira to use her electric Kitsune powers to essentially kill Scott but also be able to bring him back.

Ava's stepfather tried to resurrect Scott but when he couldn't, they called Melissa and she had a bit of a breakdown in the hospital. She's a good actress as she was in on the plan.

Stiles apparently forgot to mention one thing to Melissa, that if Scott is left in that state for longer than 45 minutes before Kira could bring him back then he would actually die.

Ava, Kira and Stiles were watching the security footage to look out for anyone suspicious looking that could be the Benefactor.

"Is that supposed to look like that?" Ava asks as she points to one of the screens on the laptops that's started flickering.

"No. No, it's not." Stiles said.

"Where is that?" Kira asks.

"The roof. Someone's gonna have to check it out." Stiles said.

"I'll go." Kira said.

"Whoa, whoa. This might not just be a malfunction." Stiles said worriedly.

"That's why I'm bringing this." Kira said and shower her sword.

"I'm coming with you." Ava declared quickly as Kira started to leave the room.

"Okay. And you're both coming right back. Immediately." Stiles said loudly as the girls left him on his own.

Ava and Kira ended up on the roof and Ava saw for the first time what Berserkers look like. They were quite terrifying.

Ava lunged at the berserker and tried to attack it when she transformed but it easily grabbed her by the throat and threw her into the electric fences on the roof.

Ava looked up and saw it hit Kira in the face and knock her to the ground as she tried to use her sword on it.

"Kira!" Ava shouted as she ran over to the girl.

"Come on Kira! Get up!" Ava was shouting. "Kira!" Ava pulled the older girl to her feet.

Ava and Kira tried fighting but they weren't having much luck against the berserker.

"Ava, run. Get out of here." Kira said when Ava got knocked down to the ground harshly.

Ava pushed herself up and she roared and jumped up onto the electric fence growling down at the berserker.

Ava jumped at the berserker and hit it hard over its skulled head.

Ava grabbed Kira's hand and both girls ran back into the hospital. Ava found out Kira's mum got hurt so she ran into the morgue where Scott had just been revived and told Kira who ran to find her mum straight away.