Seventeen- Home

LUNGA

We're now in the festive month and I'm ashamedly still here. Remo has left since Luke had been the one to drive her home and now I'm being forced by the same man who has me head over heels in love to leave.

"Are you chasing me out?" I ask, displeased. I'm not ready to go. Sure, I miss my parents but I love being with Luke in our little love bubble. Well his house is nothing but little but you know what I mean.

"Baby," he calls, placing a wet kiss on my cheek.

"Are you forcing me to go?" I ask and he chuckles, the sound vibrating on his chest. We're snuggled on the couch.

"Am i?" he counters, and I sigh.

"Argh, I guess I have to go," I say with a sulk which makes him chuckle.

"I know you love being around me baby, but I don't want you to desert your family. You're an only child and they miss you," he says, and I pout.

"I miss them too"

"We have to go now baby. I don't want you to miss your flight," Luke says after a glance at his wristwatch. He helps me put my bags in the car, not wanting me to touch even one. I left some of my stuff at his place because why should I leave with everything when I'm coming back next year? I wonder how this distance thing is going to work because I've gotten used to being around him. Maybe I can't imagine being away from him because I've gotten attached. Arriving at the airport, we share a long hug that almost makes me melt. Keyword: almost.

The flight isn't that long, and I'd called my parents before boarding so they know I'm coming. I had to call dad because I know how my mother can be.

He's the one waiting for me at arrivals. We share a hug then take my bags to his car.

"I hate it when you worry my wife. She's wanted to go to your flat for two weeks now thinking something had happened," dad says in the car.

"You're saying that to your son?" I tease and he chuckles.

"This is serious Lunga. Don't ever do that"

"Yes father"

Not much is said until we get home. Knowing my father, he probably doesn't want to say much until we're home so we can talk as a family. My mom suffocates me in an embrace the minute I step out of the car. I return it with the same warmth, melting in it. She's crying like I've just woken out of a coma but don't tell her that. I soak in her love and when she breaks it, she slaps me lightly.

"Mother!" I whine.

"I thought you were never going to come." She says with her tear stained face. they keep coming and I might start thinking there's a bun in that oven.

"I missed you too mom," I truthfully say.

"Don't ever do that to us. Your father and I were very worried" mom says.

"She's right, you can't disappear like that. let's go inside and talk. I know it's a guy," dad says, and I chuckle.

"You both talk like I was ignoring your calls and never checked up on you," I say and see my mom rolling her eyes.

"You being in love is the only reason that makes sense. I'm with your father there," mom says with a giggle whilst wiping her tears.

"Of course, you're with him. You guys are married," I say rolling my eyes. They take me by hand, and we go sit on the two-seater couch with me squeezed in between. Do I need to remind them I'm an adult?