3

Hello everyone I hope you are having a good day, the following story is a request from blue_brown_Eyes I hope you enjoy.

"Hey...You ready"? Daryl asked Connie as he strapped his crossbow around his torso.

"Yup" she responded with a smile.

"Good" Daryl whistled his dog to come to him.

The two walked out of Alexandria to do a quick supply run. Everything seemed normal as they walked to their destination which was a couple hour walk away from Alexandria.

Daryl put out his arm as they were walking to stop Connie.

"What"? She signed to him.

Daryl put his index finger to his lips and pointing into the woods. Connie looked out into the woods and saw the outline of a man standing in the woods. Daryl grabbed his crossbow and looked around him to see if there was any other people around them. As he took a closer look in the woods around his he saw multiple more figures slowly approaching him. As they got closer he could see the rotting Walker-skin masks that the whisperers wore.

Connie aimed her slingshot at one of the approaching whisperers and looked at Daryl. The two nodded to each other and fired their weapons at the whisperers immediately killing two of them. They were able to kill many of the other whisperers, but the last remaining whisperer was able to grab Connie and press his knife against her throat.

Daryl aimed his crossbow at the whisperer but didn't have a clear shot on him.

"I suggest you let 'er go"

"And I suggest that you put down that crossbow...for your own good" The whisperer responded.

"Let her go...now"

Daryl looked at Connie and saw her gripping a knife in her hand. Connie jammed her knife into the attackers leg. The whisperer dropped his weapon to pull the knife out of his calf. While he removed the knife Daryl was able to shoot a crossbow bolt through the attackers skull.

"You good?" Daryl asked.

"Yeah" Connie said as she got up. "You...saved me"

"Well I wouldn't want ya to die"

Connie smiled at him as thunder boomed throughout the sky and heavy rain began to fall. Daryl looked up to the sky.

"Storm musta rolled in while we were fightin" Daryl whistled for Dog to come to him. "We should try to find shelter and wait out the storm."

"Yeah, let's go"

After about 15 minutes of walking in the rain they were able to find an abandoned cabin in the woods.

"Perfect" Daryl said to himself as they approached the cabin.

Connie opened the door and slowly walked into the ramshackle cabin. As Daryl walked in he loudly tapped the wall to try to lure out any walkers. Daryl sat down on a couch when they discovered that there was nothing in the cabin except for some mice and cobwebs. Dog quickly jumped up on the couch and curled up next to him.  Connie slowly walked towards the couch and sat down on the other side of Dog.

Connie looked down at Dog and saw Daryl's hand resting on him. Connie looked a Daryl and their eyes locked on to each other. Connie leaned towards Daryl until their lips pressed together. After a couple of seconds Daryl quickly jerked back.

"Im...sorry" Daryl said.

"No...its fine...I enjoyed it" She signed while smiling.

Dog jumped off the couch and curled up on the floor. Connie scooted closer to Daryl, rested her head on Daryl's shoulder and closed her eyes to go to sleep.

                               ~~~

Connie woke up still resting on Daryl's shoulder. She ran her hand down his chest. Connie didn't realise it before but she thinks she loves him. She has always felt a strong connection to him, but now she knew that he felt the same. Connie tried to silently get up from the couch to walk around the cabin without waking Daryl up.

Daryl woke himself up to see Connie looking back at him.

"Hey" He grumbled still a bit tired.

"Storms over...we should go, people are probably worried about us"

"Let's go" Daryl said while putting his hand on her shoulder.

The two walked out of the cabin with Dog following them.

                                 ~~~

As soon as they made it back to Alexandria the gate opened and Kelly came running out.

"You were gone for a long time, what happened, are you guys okay"

"Were fine we were attacked on the way and stayed the night in an abandoned cabin to wait out the storm" Daryl spoke up.

"We decided it would be best to come back to let everyone know that were okay" Connie signed

"Okay as long as you're all alright"

"Were fine" Connie signed while smiling at Daryl.

Kelly looked at her sister with a confused look on her face, but shrugged and walked back into Alexandria.

I'm so sorry that this chapter took so long to come out I have been very busy lately and I promise that the next chapter will come out sooner.

If you have any requests please comment them I would love to write them and it would be very helpful to have these chapters cone out faster.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I will see you all in the next.