Afterword

Thank you so much for reading! This is my first time entering the ONC contest, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. It's also my first time finishing a story in quite a few years. Hopefully that doesn't show too much.

While I did edit and plot, this is by no means a fully polished draft. If you have any feedback, feel free to leave comments here or inline in the chapters.

If you enjoyed this book, you may also like Celestial Origins, a book in my Celest Saga. Behind this Weary Eyes happens approximately 300 years before the events of Celestial Origins. They also tie into each other. How? You'll have to read to find out.

In case I haven't intrigued you enough, I'll leave the blurb below.

Thank you again!

Celestial Origins: Following the murder of his species' ruler, riots make blood and suffering become Vishnear's daily life

Celestial Origins:
Following the murder of his species' ruler, riots make blood and suffering become Vishnear's daily life. He desires nothing more than peace for his people. The priest's life takes a turn, however, when the primordial deities elect him to be the next leader.

They grant him godlike powers, and his people expect him to usethem. The problem is he can't summon them-not without complications. Fearing failure, he elicits help from a god, Sytrix, who promises to reveal his true potential. But he finds more questions than answers when a fiesty Wikev is captured.

Yet, through everything, what Vishnear fears the most is not the threat of war, the awakening of the lost deities, or the budding, forbidden attraction between him and the female Wikev.

It's the secret hiding beneath his skin.