Luke's TEDDY BEAR

"Wow! Sa akin po ito?!"

"Oo anak. Happy 5'th birthday."

"Yehey!! Thank you mommy! Daddy!!!!"

He went to his room with me. Cuddle me everynight and day. Take me to different places, and bond with me like I'm his best of friend. I was his first toy!

I always wear this genuine smile that he really like, black and white color of my fluffy skin and have a big heart on my tummy that says 'I love you'. He plays with me everytime.

But as time passes by, Luke grows older, his toys are increasing until I was left behind a shelf.

"Kuya luke!!!! Please! I just wanna play with Panda!!"

"No, Kaizer. Panda will stay at my shelf. Bawal mo hawakan. Okay?" The younger boy walked out with a sad face.

Luke had another toy and that toy was the best among his favorites. A teddy bear with a charming smile, much bigger than me. While me? For years, I'm just sitting here in this shelf. All dusty and old. I still have this genuine smile plastered on my face, but you can see my sadness through my eyes.

Everyday, I see him. Growing old, being matured and becoming a man. Different from the boy I have met the first time. It just sucks that while he's growing, there's another toys beside him, and not me. I wanted to get away from here and go with him. But I know I can't. I'll scare my little boy.

Until one day.. I can't see Luke inside his room anymore. I was confused. It's been months but the boy is still nowhere to be found. And so is his favorite toy. Maybe he brought it with him. I was very sad. Very very sad. I miss my best friend so much. Where is he?

"Anak naman.. bilisan mo ha? Babalik pa tayo dun para mapa check up ka. "

"Opo mom.. may kukunin lang promise saglit lang ito."

A glint of happiness showed in me when I saw him entering the room but I became sad when I saw his state of condition.

He was sitting on a wheelchair. Pushing the wheels by his hands to move. When my eyes glanced on his legs my heart broke into pieces. I hate seeing him like this. I wanted to look away and close my eyes but I can't cause my face is fixed to be happy.

"Hello my panda.. how are you? I'm sorry if I left you here through the years." Pinagpag nya ang alikabok sa akin na ikina-ubo nya ngunit kinuha parin ako para yakapin.

He kissed me on my forehead before placing me on his study table. I watched him writing something on a paper and folded it in half before leaving me in his room again.

__________________

"K-kaizer anak.. " why is Luke's mother crying? I can hear her from here.

"Ma.. Pa.. *sobs*"

"Anak.. may iniwan ang kuya mo saiyo. Kunin mo na lang sa kwarto nya at aayusin na natin yung mga gamit nya."

I saw a teenage boy entering the room. He looked miserable. He sat on Luke's room and cried while roaming his eyes at the room.

"Kuya.. nakakainis ka.." I felt sad looking at him.

He walked towards the study table and pinched my cheeks before reading the letter beside me that Luke made.

Why? Did something happened to my boy?

Kaizer cried a lot while reading out loud the letter of his brother for him.

'My baby brother,

I know what will happen to me in the end so I wrote this letter for you. I will miss you, our fights, our bonding, everything. Just take note that I will always be with you. I know I'll be safe here, wherever I am now. Take care of yourself and our parents. Alam mo na mga bilin ko ha. Don't forget about me, and be happy hmm?

-Kuya Luke.'

"P..s. *sniffs* I.. I know from the very first start that you liked my Panda.. so.. So I will lend it now to you. Take care of her okay? She'll be reminding you of me. " he paused to calm himself before finishing the letter. "Take care of my favorite toy, hindi tulad k-ko na pinabayaan sya.. she may not be my first teddy bear and my last, but I know she will be happy with you."

Kaizer immediately hugged me. Cried a lot. While me? Unfortunately still smiling.

"I thought you we're his first teddy bear.. akala ko din ibibigay nya sakin yung favorite nya na si Ice bear. "he caressed my skin while sadly smiling at me.

Well, I thought so too.

A liquid thing trailed down my cheeks. I thought it was mine but it was from Kaizer. How sad.

In the end, I was not his first..

And never will be his last..

-Aeris🐼🌺