Home Sweet Home

*Romans POV*

I couldn't believe the sleeping princess in the back actually belonged to me. Her parents were pieces of shit, and she deserved way better. Her parents had owed me millions of dollars, and there was no way they were going to be able to pay it off. I was about to just kill them both, when I saw a picture of her on the wall. She looked so beautiful, yet so sad. It intrigued me. So I made them a deal. I could either murder them, or they could sell me their daughter. They had obviously chosen the latter, and that's why I currently had a beautiful girl in the back of my car. I felt bad for her, but with me, she would have a way better life. Free of negative comments, free of abuse, and free of chores. I was going to spoil her. I looked back and studied her. She was beautiful. The way her dirty blonde hair flowed almost to her waist. The way her face looked as she was sleeping. She was so small. It made me glad I was the one she belonged to. This way, I could ensure nothing bad happened to her. She could easily be overpowered and that made me worried. I would have to hire extra security around the house, now that I had Lexi to take care of and watch over. The rival gangs were brutal, and they cared about no one but themselves. I knew from personal experience that they would stop at nothing to get what they wanted.          We arrived at the house, and I felt the car roll to a stop. Opening the door, I made sure not to slam it. I didn't want to wake Lexi up, and risk her trying to run away again. Since Lexi was sleeping on the right side door of the car, I decided to open the left side door, and unbuckle her from there. After I got her unbuckled, I gently hugged her around the waist, and lifted her out of the car. Once I got her out, and she was cuddled up in my arms, I motioned for my driver to softly close the door. I nodded appreciatively at him, and he opened the house door for me as well. "Thank you Matt. I appreciate it." He grinned. "No problem. I'm always happy to help." As we entered the house, I made my way carefully upstairs to the second floor. We would be staying in the same room, regardless if she wanted to or not. I held her in one of my arms so that her head was buried in my neck, and I pulled back the sheets. Using my now free hand, I gently set it on her back, and lowered her down onto the memory foam, king sized bed. I tucked her in, and I heard her sigh in contentment and relief. I internally smiled, knowing I had caused her comfort. I took off my shirt, and lowered myself down into the space next to her. I turned to face her, and I studied her. I couldn't believe I had been this lucky. Then again. She would never fall for me. I had a dark past. She was beautiful inside and out. Her face scrunched up, and she started mumbling incoherently, and I could tell she was having a nightmare. All of a sudden, I felt myself being pulled closer towards her, and my eyes widened in shock. After a few seconds, I lowered my arms around her and pulled her closer. Her body fit perfectly against mine, and I could feel her curves pressed against me. I swallowed, and let out a breath. She relaxed against me, and I felt myself slowly doing the same. She was surprisingly warm, and it made me comfortable. Something I hadn't felt in a long time. I felt my eyes grow heavy, and I didn't fight the sleep that demanded to take over.