Chapter One: A Journeys beggining

Like quite a number of young Tabaxi 's, me and my brother chose to wander from home curiously and recklessly. 

Originally, I was named Gentle Robin. My parents named me such more because of my nature; Less so because of my apearence, like some Tabaxi.

 My Brother was known as Stripes of a Tiger, for his more fiery pelt, which he got from our fathers father. And we were born in a village on the tip of the Lendae river in MarbleMoor.

Despite my 2 years elder status over him, me and Tiger were close. Inseparable. He liked to cause trouble, and even when he insisted I help, when I agreed, he took all of the fall.

He stood out, much more than me. My pelt was for the shadows, and our years in the clan reflected such. He made all the friends. He attracted females attention. While I simply waited for my time to leave. 

But, when it came, I could not bear to leave my brother behind. I waited another two years so we could travel together.

His already desired mate, Rain, bid us off. She had been good for him. And unlike me, he planned to return by his 24th birthday. A short six years. Only so that he may not keep her waiting. 

I planned to stay as long as I dared. Some Tabaxi did not return to their clan until well into their 30's and even 40's. And in some cases even later, into elder age.

For a solid three years we wandered, not always together but agreeing to meet back up every now and again. And naturally, Tiger found trouble wherever he went. 

It was the 4th May from our departure from home in which it caught up to him. And if had not been for me striking a deal to repay to those he owed, he would have been nothing but another slit throated body thrown in the garbage. He insisted he be the one to find the money, but I had been offered a tempting, if not dangerous and unwanted offer to make lots of gold very fast.

What a sinkhole I fell into then.

Offer after offer, it became harder to refuse. Even after Tiger's debt was paid, even when I offered them extra to make sure they were satisfied, even after I had hoarded a great amount that was quite unnecessary… it had become normal to me. Stealing, sneaking, selling, trading. 

I even remember one night, when I was celebrating with some of my compatriots, when Tiger had come and asked to speak with me.

He thought it was time to return home. Time for me to get out of the comfortable yet risky life I had become accustomed to. He had already used his own money to get us a ride, 2 fine horses on which to make the journey.

I met my brother's eyes, and saw the unusual pleading look inside them. He worried about me, for the first time in our life. 

I agreed. But insisted we wait for a few more days. My stash would not be able to come with us. And in my first choice of positive morality in months, I wished to return as much of it before we left.

That was the last time I spoke to my brother.

 For my mistake in waiting cost me more than any amount of gold could ever buy. My hesitance cost him his life. 

My mistake. It burned into my mind that his death was my fault. I took what little gold I had left, and his two stocked horses, and left. It wasn't hard to fall back into the shadows and dissappear. 

It was just over a year later when I happened to be riding past a rural but we'll off neighborhood just outside a town just near the border of MarbleMoor and Greenbank when I heard shouting. 

"YOU PATHETIC SLUT. I HAVE TAKEN CARE OF YOU. HOW DARE YOU!" An angry, large human man was standing over a cocky looking, shortish, male Tabaxi. In my travels I hadn't seen a tabaxi since my brother… and I felt a pang of guilt once more. But with how angry and violent the man seemed, I dared to trot closer on my horse, listening.

"I don't see them harm in it, it isn't YOUR house. I'm just having a bit of fun!" The Tabaxi chuckled, his tail waving happily behind him. "And bold of you to think you're the only man who qoute; "takes care of me"."

The man looked taken aback, then grew angrier. "You ungrateful little-"

He moved his hand, but I had already drew my bow. (I had taught myself how to hunt, and had often also come in handy when defending myself.) I let a single arrow fly, going straight into his leg and making him collapse.

I galloped quickly over and gripped the Tabaxis wrist. "I assume you'd rather not stick around to be beaten to death by this idiot, hmm?"

I still don't know what drove me besides pity… I just had a feeling. Or maybe I was scared to let another fellow tabaxi die. No matter what he had done to piss off the human.

It was there that my journey REALLY began…