I have made pasta

DING DONG

He was pouring the pasta into the sauce so she shouted "I'm coming" and when he had poured the pasta in the sauce he run to open the door.

There they were. Emilia and Ted. Both of them seemed renewed. She was wearing black nike leggings and a yellow hoodie. The both looked like they haven't brush their hair this morning. They might have come out of bed recently.

"Sorry for the hour, I have recently woke up, that's why I missed breakfast" She said embarrassed. "We were heading to buy something to eat. Would you like to come with us?" She smiled at him willingly.

"I supposed you were sleeping as you were so tired yesterday" he answered smiling letting her know that she needn't worry. "come inside, I have recently made pasta with home made pesto, we can eat it in the back garden, I can cook some chicken for Ted if it's right for him"

She looked at him questioningly "I don't want to intrude Kit, I can come latter"

"Nonsense" he answered "come in" and he opened the door further for her to come in. And so she did, and Teddy went running to the back garden and started to jump and bark happily.

They arranged together the table outside and ate the pasta, which was delicious; They picked up the table and he made coffee for them. They were again in the table sharing a piece of banana bread with some coffee. "This is delicious Harington, where have you learn to cook like this?" she asked him.

"I have always known, but I never tried" he answered, realizing in the moment of the double sense of his statement, both for his culinary skills and his feelings back in time.

They talked a bit, she told him about her projects, her charity, how she get to met Ted, how tired she was with the press tour she has recently finished, and so many things about her life and health. She has been in her appointment with the neurologists and everything seemed allright, but she looked troubled so he took her hand from her lap and squeezed it "Clarke, if there is something troubling you, you can count on me" he assured her.

"That is a talk for another time, can we just go to were we left yesterday? I really want to know everything" She smiled tenderly

"Sure..." he said "so... as I was telling you, she came back and acted like nothing have ever happened, she wanted children and some press walks, so that irritated me and I just left the house to the bar" he said, and she could see embarrassment spread all through his face. So she took his hand and gave it a squeeze so he could get her energies and continue.

"I was very drunk, I took some coke too, I came back home and she was here, too happy, cleaning and cooking; so here is where I hurt her" he said

She looked shocked, she couldn't think of kit physically hurting Rose. "Not the way you are thinking" He assured her, and so she looked back at him confused and waited for him to go on.
"I shouted to her, I needed her to understand, so I shouted that I didn't love her, I never have loved her, she was just the comfortable decision, good for our careers, good for our parents names, good for everyone but not for me." He looked to his feet, defeated. "I regret telling her everything like that, drunk, drugged, but I gathered my balls to be honest with her, to make her understand..."

"So she smiled and answered back with anger in her face that I was a drunk miserable idiot who have everything anyone would want, she told me that there are lot of convenience couples out there living happily with money and houses and everything" he said still embarrassed "So I understood everything, I didn't want to drunk myself to unconsciousness, I didn't want the high the coke gave me, I just wanted to live my life the way I wanted, with money or not, with a big house or not..."

She smiled at him and took his chin for him to look at her "you are very brave Kit" she told him sincerely.

"I slept the alcohol and drugs out and next day reached my mum, told her every single thing and what I was planning to do, then I went to have a walk, that is when I met Patrick" he said with a smile "So next day, my mum came by, we talked with my lawyer and we made a friendly divorce with a great treat for her and a confidentiality paper for her and her family to sign"

Emilia looked at him with curious eyes "so, what is a great deal for someone who wanted a fake marriage in order to have money? I mean, being with you would have provided her money for all her life, but divorcing without having a child... leaves her with whatever you wanted her to have, and you are still here so..." She told him, trying to make some arrangements in her head, trying to understand which cost has it have to him this friendly divorce.

"I bought her this house, I don't really know why, I don't even like it, but it is near Patrick, and... well... near you." he said

"Kit... so you have bought this house again?"

"yes, I have" he said with a sad smile. "I also maintain my Suffolk house, there is where I want to live when I grew old so I put it in my side of the deal" he said proud of himself. "I... bought her a house in Scotland, she wanted to go back home but her parents were not having a good time economically so, I bought her a house there"

She looked at kit with wide eyes.

"She signed, everything that happened between us is confidential, if anythings goes on press she takes charge of it, so she can't tell anything to her friends, because if anyone says anything and this is filtered to the press, she would lost everything" he said confidently again.

"and... where have you been all this time? I know you left the same day the news spread in the tabloids, I could see the house closed when I passed by"

"I... left because papz where all around, I was troubling everyone here" he said with sadness in his face.

"And where did you go?"

"I located a little apartment on a rooftop here in London. It was a cozy small place, half of the first floor of this house, there it was my room, my living room and my kitchen, with great windows and great views, I had a little terrace too"

"and that's why you have rearranged your house like a cute loft" She said smiling

"that's why, and also that I cannot go to the first floor and sleep there like it has never happened what happened, I mean, my non love marriage and so on... you know, I am an old soul poet, it would have been a drought of ideas" he said smiling.

"So... you have been living in a little apartment in a rooftop in London, baking your own bread and learning how to cook" She said almost laughing.

"Well.. when rose left, my mom came here until the day I left, she teach me how to cook and some special recipes that has been in our family for decades, then I left for the apartment and she went back home, I have tried myself hard in the kitchen, Patrick is the one who has tried my meals, well.. and now you have too" he said with a little smile.

They were staring at each other for a minute when his phone rang. He excused himself and went inside to talk, it was his mom.