The Brave Knight

Once upon a time there was a knight. He was locked away in the dungeon since he was wrongly accused of theft. One day there was a great storm. Thunder echoed through the castle and even reached the dungeon. A bright light illuminated this dark place. Suddenly the lock fell down like opened by a magical unseen key. The brave knight went out of the dungeon without needing a torch only to find a lightning hit the castle inflaming a big fire spreading fast. Even the servants’ houses near the castle were burning. The fire burnt bright.  The animals, sheep, oxen and horses screamed miserably facing to be burnt alive. Something even the bravest knight of all would fear. So did he. Then he heard a scream from inside the castle. He was scared to death fear followed him like a shadow but this tender beautiful voice in her agony touched him. He worked up all his courage and went inside. Behind a locked door he found the girl. He kicked it until it would break. The fire was raging in the room, sweat ran down her horrified face. As she spotted her savior relief paired with the other emotions mirroring on her beautiful wet face. But she was paralyzed by fear. So the young knight lifted her up and carried her out on  his arms. Coming out with her he found the king rejoicing. “My daughter! My daughter! You saved her life! I’ll be forever in your debt and you can ask whatever you want.” As he let her down the king embraced her. She turned around smiling. “Do you want to take me as your wife, my lord? You saved my life.”, she asked. The brave knight turned to the king. “So I am asking for my freedom, because I was locked away unrightfully and for her hand.” “You shall get what you have asked for”, the king said. As they were speaking it started to rain more and more. It wiped out the fire and a rainbow embellished the sky like a promise to the new engaged couple. And so the brave knight showed bravery doesn’t mean to have no fears. But brave is he who faces his fears. And who will do so will be rewarded.